Thread: Used American Strat Price?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Used American Strat Price?

Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on the fair market value of a 3 to 4 year old American Standard Stratocaster. In the Seattle, Washington USA area.

Condition=very good. Some fret wear. Probably needs a set-up done.

Thanks in advance.:

Post Thanks / Like

I've been seeing $600-$750 depending on the model and wear. Certainly if you are buying then tell the seller you've seen them for as low as $550.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I've been seeing $600-$750 depending on the model and wear. Certainly if you are buying then tell the seller you've seen them for as low as $550.

It's a buddy so I can't stretch the truth too far ....he said he'd give me a deal any way.

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Sounds about since they're around $1000 new. 3 to 4 years old would make it an American Series strat, I think. As a solid working man's instrument, the American Standard/Series guitars are very hard to beat IMO.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with Spud on the approach.

And if those are the prices being thrown around, I feel real good about my American Deluxe, not that I ever felt anything but good. To top it off, mine is an American Plank Strat Deluxe played through my DVM Valve Jr. It's a fret.net set-up that brings a smile to my face!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the condition, I've seen them go anywhere from $550-750, again it all depends on what kind of shape they are in.

I think it's a good time to buy used now too since Fender is already coming out with their price increases on new gear.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Six bills would be a good deal if you're buying from a buddy. Any less and you might need to find new friends.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of consignment guitars listed for up to 75% of original value if they are in good shape. So a $1,000 new guitar will likely go in the $700 range give or take (as others have already mentioned)

Nothing wrong with a good used guitar.

Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the input!!!!!!! Muchos gracias!!!!!