Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tonerider City Limits!

Thread: Tonerider City Limits!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tonerider City Limits!

Well, I just installed a set of Tonerider City Limits in my Squier Strat. One word...amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, one word may depict your degree of satisfaction, but it provides little indication to the rest of us of how the sound of the guitar changed and what it is about the pickup's tonal characteristics that you like. So please expound, sir! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Fair call, fair call...

The guitar has changed completely. Stock pickups were CCC really. Now, however, it's got such a beautifully fat, hot and rich sound. Each note seems to resonate a lot better. The neck sounds very thick and creamy, but as the same time I can get a lot of SRV, overdriven type tones out of it. The middle really shines, and is useful for those "Layla-ish" Clapton tones. The bridge however....wow! Up until now I rarely used the Bridge pickup on any guitar, particularly Strats. I can't get enough of this one! It's really ballsy and has quite a modern sound which helps with those solos! It's wound to 9.0k.

Clips to follow in a couple of days, when I get my camera back from my brother...:

Ben.