Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Change your avatar month - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Change your avatar month

Post Thanks / Like

Changed my avater for the last time today. Back to normal in march then.

I really enjoyed the "change your avatar month".
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Today's album:
    • The Clash - London Calling 1979

Previously:
    • Television - Marquee Moon 1977
    • Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation 1977
    • The Ramones - The Ramones 1976
    • The Clash - The Clash 1977
    • Dead Boys - Young, Loud and Snotty 1977
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977
    • Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material 1979
    • The Ramones - Leave Home 1977
    • Buzzcocks - Another Music In a Different Kitchen 1978
    • The Clash - Give 'Em Enough Rope 1978
    • Black Flag - Damaged 1981
    • The Adverts - Crossing the Red Sea with the Adverts 1978
    • The Dictators - Bloodbrothers 1978
    • The Jam - In the City 1977
    • The Ramones - Rocket to Russia 1977
    • Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime 1984
    • Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes 1982
    • Black Flag - My War 1984
    • Bad Brains - Bad Brains 1982
    • The Undertones - The Undertones 1979
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Today's album:
    ONE GREAT ALBUM!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

It sure is Jimi. There aren't a whole lot of albums that stand up for me top to bottom after so many listens, but there's still nothing on London Calling I don't love. Some maybe more than others, but I wouldn't skip a single song when I listen to it.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's album:
    One of my top five of all time.

Again, you took us for a heck of a ride this month. Nice job!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

And still a few days to go. :

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa Jimi,did not know about their laws there.kinda stinks.
    ditto here with the avatar thing. :
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Another day, and another ADC plane photo.

Today we have the EB-57 Canbarra which were the primary targets that most ADC squadrons flew against. They carried lots of electronic equipment to both simulate bomber targets, but could also interfere with both communications and radar equipment, just as if they were a real enemy plane. In rare cases, the F-101s would go up against SAC B-58 Hustlers to practice against very high-speed aircraft.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Today's album:
    • The Damned - Damned Damned Damned 1977

Previously:
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Another day, and another squadron patch.

We are now getting to the end of the month. The last unit is the 26th Air Division (SAGE). These folks were stationed at Hancock AFB in Syracuse, NY. They ran the Semi-Automatic Ground Environment (SAGE) Control Center (CC) and the Direction Center (DC) there.

If you would like to know about SAGE - read about it here

Gil

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Today's album:
    • The Devil Dogs - 30 Sizzling Slabs 1995

Previously:
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977
    Last edited by R_of_G; February 28th, 2009 at 01:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

And to finish off my month of favorite punk albums, one of the more recent offerings from a band with three great albums in the books and a fourth album on the way soon.

Today's album:
    • The Thermals - The Body The Blood The Machine 2006

Previously:
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977
    • The Devil Dogs - 30 Sizzling Slabs 1995

Post Thanks / Like

The last avatar change for February.

Today we have a photo of one of the rooms where the ground controllers watched over the skys and controlled weapon systems, including Fighter Interceptors. See the diagram in the previous post of mine.

I hope that everyone enjoyed their ride thru the Air Defense System of the 1960s.

Gil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Janus

I hope that everyone enjoyed their ride thru the Air Defense System of the 1960s.

Gil
    I know I sure did!

And R of G, whilst I already have a lot of the albums you've listed, I'm a big punk fan myself, even seen a few of them live (which is no mean feat in Australia haha. I actually broke my back stage diving at a Bad Brains gig!!) I might have added a Misfits album in there though, and maybe Subhumans and Exploited also, but I'd -definitely- have thrown in (I'm) Stranded by the Saints! Aussie punk at it's most legendary, and they come from my home town!!!

Regardless, I have the remaining few albums you listed scribbled down in my wallet for next time I'm in a record store. Awesome posting mate :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    And R of G, whilst I already have a lot of the albums you've listed, I'm a big punk fan myself, even seen a few of them live (which is no mean feat in Australia haha. I actually broke my back stage diving at a Bad Brains gig!!) I might have added a Misfits album in there though, and maybe Subhumans and Exploited also, but I'd -definitely- have thrown in (I'm) Stranded by the Saints! Aussie punk at it's most legendary, and they come from my home town!!!

Regardless, I have the remaining few albums you listed scribbled down in my wallet for next time I'm in a record store. Awesome posting mate :
    Thanks. Had the month been a longer one than February, the Saints album definitely would have made it, as would Oz's other great punk band Radio Birdman (I love Radios Appear). I love both of those bands. The Misfits I never particularly cared for all that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Had the month been a longer one than February, the Saints album definitely would have made it, as would Oz's other great punk band Radio Birdman (I love Radios Appear). I love both of those bands. The Misfits I never particularly cared for all that much.
    Actually I'm blaming it on the red wine that I left Radio Birdman off my reply!!

If nothing else they had possibly the coolest band logo ever, but tell me "Aloha Steve and Dano" isn't one of the greatest songs of the era!

Misfits wise, I'm one of the very small percentage of Misfits fans that prefers Michale Graves to Glenn Danzig on vocals. I dig some of their old stuff of course, but I really liked what they did with the new guy.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789