Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Change your avatar month - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Change your avatar month

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I am enjoying everyone's as well. Being a fan of such music, I am esp. enjoying R_of_G's theme. :
    Thank you Steve. I don't ski, but the pics and videos you've been posting have been very cool to look at.

And as today is another day... here is another change to another of "R_of_G's Favorite Punk Albums"

To recap, so far it's been

- Television - Marquee Moon
    - Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation
    - The Ramones - The Ramones
    - The Clash - The Clash

And now...

Dead Boys - Young Loud & Snotty

More to come. Stay tuned.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

for the record.liked your other avatar Tot w/ship/saucer.keep em coming folks really liking this.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly. Gil, I'm loving your theme! I had two grandparents in the RAAF during WW2 and I've had an interest in military aircraft for as long as I can remember. Well all things military actually.

Which brings me to my latest..

Previous pic was me firing the iconic, American made M60 General Purpose Machine Gun firing 7.62x51mm NATO ball rounds. Or as many people refer it it, "The Rambo Gun". I've had several people say to me in one way or another over the years that you cannot fire a weapon like this from the hip, the way Rambo did it. I'm no Rambo, but I'm living proof you can.

This pic is me with arguably the most prolific assault weapon on the planet. The Russian designed, Chinese Made, AK47. Using 7.62mm x 39mm rounds with smaller casing and less oomph than the 7.62mm x 51mm used in the M60 (and M14 etc) it is still a loud angry junkyard dog of a weapon.

I forgot I was wearing the dorky orange ear protection in this pic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ch0jin - I've had some fun collecting the images, and arranging them in a story telling order.

Here's today's change. I'm now wearing the patch for the 4750th Test Squadron, one of the collection of folks who help run the Air Defense Weapons Center at Tynall AFB.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

On we go with the theme for the month, R_of_G's favorite punk albums.

To recap, we've had...

• Television - Marquee Moon
    • Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation
    • The Ramones - The Ramones
    • The Clash - The Clash
    • Dead Boys - Young, Loud and Snotty

And today it's...

• Wire - Pink Flag
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Change my avatar?

Ok, it was time to get rid of this ridiculous boring thing. So i uploaded an image of myself
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I never realized you wore spectacles, Christian!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

And now, in keeping with oldguy's bunny theme in the avatar thread, we turn our attention to some of the less friendly bunnies. Some people know about them, but far too few have spoken up..........perhaps out of fear. I thought of starting a separate thread, "Are bunnies bad for you?", but found it too inconclusive. In any event, keep a stiff upper lip, and a sense of humour about you.

I present to you.........[shivers]..............proof of the bunny dark side.

Scaring little children.........for shame, for shame.

Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Mate that bunny looks more like a wolf or at least a dog of some kind.

For my money one of the scariest bunnies has to be the one from the film Donnie Darko.

Post Thanks / Like

Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    My favorite line from that movie.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    Mate that bunny looks more like a wolf or at least a dog of some kind.

For my money one of the scariest bunnies has to be the one from the film Donnie Darko.

I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I re-watched that movie last night! Very interesting movie, I had to stay up late just to see the ending again.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of trivia re: Donnie Darko then (seeing as though it'd fresh in your mind..)

The song they play at the end, Mad World, performed by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules (cover of a Tears for Fears song) was used in Australia a little while back as the BT for a TV commercial promoting a news website (ninemsn).

The problem was, after seeing Donnie Darko a few times, I associate that song with his death. It's kind of a sombre but fitting tune to close the film.

When ever I saw the ad on TV though I just thought "How Depressing". Terrible, terrible song selection for an ad.

Although I gotta say, it's sure a popular track in TV and has been used in...

Cold Case
    CSI
    Emmerdale
    ER
    Jericho
    Judging Amy
    Las Vegas
    Line of Fire
    Medical Investigation
    Nip/Tuck
    Silent Witness
    Smallville
    Station X
    Tatort
    The Cleaner
    The L Word
    Third Watch
    Without a Trace

Anyway, sorry thats rather OT, but I can't help myself sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Another day, another patch - this one is for the 4756th Air Defense Squadron - another of the squadrons based at Tyndall AFB that helped run the place. The 4750th and the 4756th were responsible for maintaining and launching and recovering Ryan Firebee Drones - the targets that the fighters would be going up against.

Starting tomorrow, we will be getting into plane images !

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Different toy again, with vid to match. Big wheels this time.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Today's featured punk album is...

• Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material 1979

This thing is just explosive.

• Television - Marquee Moon 1977
    • Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation 1977
    • The Ramones - The Ramones 1976
    • The Clash - The Clash 1977
    • Dead Boys - Young, Loud and Snotty 1977
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    Firstly. Gil, I'm loving your theme! I had two grandparents in the RAAF during WW2 and I've had an interest in military aircraft for as long as I can remember. Well all things military actually.

Which brings me to my latest..

Previous pic was me firing the iconic, American made M60 General Purpose Machine Gun firing 7.62x51mm NATO ball rounds. Or as many people refer it it, "The Rambo Gun". I've had several people say to me in one way or another over the years that you cannot fire a weapon like this from the hip, the way Rambo did it. I'm no Rambo, but I'm living proof you can.

This pic is me with arguably the most prolific assault weapon on the planet. The Russian designed, Chinese Made, AK47. Using 7.62mm x 39mm rounds with smaller casing and less oomph than the 7.62mm x 51mm used in the M60 (and M14 etc) it is still a loud angry junkyard dog of a weapon.

I forgot I was wearing the dorky orange ear protection in this pic
    Firing the weapons you mentioned is kind of a rare privilege in your country these days, isn't Ch0jin?

Yes, you certainly can fire an M-60 from the hip...but your accuracy won't be too good beyond spitting range...

BTW: I too share your "other" hobby...in a pretty big way...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Firing the weapons you mentioned is kind of a rare privilege in your country these days, isn't Ch0jin?
    It certainly would be yes Blooze, I had to surrender all my rifles a number of years back when the laws changed. However these pictures were taken in Cambodia where it's as easy as slipping the right people a bit of US currency.

Yes, you certainly can fire an M-60 from the hip...but your accuracy won't be too good beyond spitting range...
    Oh I agree completely! I remember thinking whilst shooting it "Wow this thing has way less kick than I expected" However when I watched the video my mate shot, I actually got forced back about 5-6ft over about 200 rounds. I did totally freakin shred a 44 Gallon drum of water though (at a range of I dunno, maybe 50ft) haha.

BTW: I too share your "other" hobby...in a pretty big way...
    Sadly it's more of a general interest these days than a hobby for me because of the legal situation. Long gone are the days when we could (literally) just belt around the bush in a ute with a bunch of guns shooting at stuff. That's why when I ended up in Cambodia, I jumped at the chance to gain access to a militia base and their arsenal

In addition to the AK47 and the M60 I also got to try out a Thompson submachine gun, an M16, a couple of RPG's or "Rocket Launchers" as the locals called them. Tossed a few Frag gren's and killed an innocent shrub with an M203 grenade launcher. Was a top day out, even if we did think we were going to be killed for our passports at one point.
    "Get out of the car, give us your passports and walk that way into the bush" were the first instructions we received from two armed soldiers......

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...neat story. Sounds like you had a pretty cool day though!

Obviously they didn't kill you- but what did they want??

Post Thanks / Like

Bugger...Just noticed the avatar I wanted to use today isn't on this PC...

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    Wow...neat story. Sounds like you had a pretty cool day though!

Obviously they didn't kill you- but what did they want??
    Oh, it was all totally innocent actually. They wanted our passports for "security reasons", but they actually ordered us out of the car for the simple reason that they intended to load the boot, err sorry, trunk, with guns and ammo and drive the car out to where we were going to be shooting. As the track was mostly loose sand they wanted us out of the car to help prevent it from getting bogged (it was a big old 70's Merc). However, we didn't find that out until a little after we started walking off into the bush so yeah, we made a few nervous jokes about how four unarmed guys would take out two Cambodian militia armed with AK47's...

Probably wouldn't have been so freaky if they or our hookup spoke better English or I spoke more Khmer than "Thank you" and "No Thank you", but then it wouldn't have been such a good story

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast