Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Is coffee bad for you? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is coffee bad for you?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting article here -

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/heal...9/19coffee.htm

Pretty positive to coffee, this one.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm never sure what to believe anymore. What's good for you one year, is deemed bad for you the next... and vice versa.

For me, I stick to two coffee's in the morning usually :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the amount of coffee I drink probably not good I drink 15 to 20 cups a day plus good espresso. But I like it and even smelling it does me good

Post Thanks / Like

If caffeine is wrong, I don't want to be right...
    Learning to play on my first and only guitar:
    Art & Lutherie Cedar Sunrise

Post Thanks / Like

Robert....some reports say that drinking too much coffee causes bulging veins.....

(I really cannot believe that nobody jumped on that train before me)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Robert....some reports say that drinking too much coffee causes bulging veins.....

(I really cannot believe that nobody jumped on that train before me)
    I beat ya to the punch(line) buddy boy!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the smell of coffee but not the taste so I don't drink it. Out of curiosity...would coffee and Ritalin be okay together.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

i used to love coffee. drank it during law school for all-nighters. many late nights at i-hop across from campus.

burned my stomach out. i can't drink it any more. at all.

but i have drunk diet coke since i was 13, and i can tell you true,

i don't have my caffeine in the morning, i am non-functional and not anyone you want to be around. period.

i am a horrible insomniac, tho, so i cut that off early in the afternoon.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy my coffee, but I have a hard time drinking what some other people call coffee. Sooner or later I'm going to splurge and order some Timmy's, even though the shipping costs as much as the coffee does. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    ...but i have drunk diet coke since i was 13...
    You should read up on the horrors of Aspertame and please don't ingest another molecule. It's the things they cleverly sidestep that'll kill you.

Remember how long it took for people to finally get the denial beat out of them in regards to cigarette company deceptions.
    Same deal!

If you want a cola drink... drink a real cola. If you want zero calories... try water.

Sorry for the short rant... some people I do care about!

Edit: Ask anyone NOT addicted to aspertame how foul a diet soda tastes... only people addicted to it can even tolerate the taste. Also, like cigarettes, they'll fight to protect their source of aspartyl-phenylalanine-1-methyl ester.
    Sorry again... it's important.

Post Thanks / Like

I will bite on Rocket's post.....diet drinks taste.....foul. I drink mainly water at work and will indulge in a glass or 2 of warm tea at home.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    If you want zero calories... try water.
    I'm a 5 to 8 bottles a day person. I use it to break free or at least curtail the Pepsi addiction.

Diet soda
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffee (Caffeine)

Robert,

Go to this website and do a search on caffeine. Gary is well known and very well respected.
    http://www.garynull.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at the point where it doesn't matter if coffee is bad, I'm hooked. I've been working at Starbucks for about a year and a half, and get a free pound of premium coffee every week. Too late to turn back now...
    It's got six strings, right? What more do you need to know?

Guitars: Breedlove passport D20, Ibanez SR400, Xaviere XV 820
    amps: Yamaha DG-60
    musical experience: drummer/ lead singer in punk outfit --> drummer/guitar/singer in psychedelic jam-band --> drums/bass/guitar/singer in folk band --> drummer/ lead vocals in experimental band http://www.myspace.com/adnascentia --> guitar/ lead vocals in indie band http://www.myspace.com/itsanoreaster

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Rocket here. Except that all colas/sodas are bad for you. I had a Coca Cola addiction. I was up to 4-6 cans a day for the energy boost. I kicked the habit twice and it really sucked both times. I dropped about ten pounds after giving up cola/soda.

Now I only drink green tea or water. I never did like diet soda, the aspertame gave me bad headaches.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    You should read up on the horrors of Aspertame and please don't ingest another molecule. It's the things they cleverly sidestep that'll kill you.

Remember how long it took for people to finally get the denial beat out of them in regards to cigarette company deceptions.
    Same deal!

If you want a cola drink... drink a real cola. If you want zero calories... try water.

Sorry for the short rant... some people I do care about!

Edit: Ask anyone NOT addicted to aspertame how foul a diet soda tastes... only people addicted to it can even tolerate the taste. Also, like cigarettes, they'll fight to protect their source of aspartyl-phenylalanine-1-methyl ester.
    Sorry again... it's important.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Tung.....4-6 is nothing compared to when I was addicted to soft drinks....it was nothing for me to drink 12 Mountain Dews in a day. It was no wonder I developed severe sleep issues.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Tung.....4-6 is nothing compared to when I was addicted to soft drinks....it was nothing for me to drink 12 Mountain Dews in a day. It was no wonder I developed severe sleep issues.
    I worked with a guy that did the same thing and added sticky buns to eat with his Dew. You could watch his hands shake because he was so wired. I think he would sleep 3 to 4 hours a night.

He changed jobs (he had worked at the rat hole I just left) and changed diet. Sleeps like a baby and doesn't have the hand tremors.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    I enjoy my coffee, but I have a hard time drinking what some other people call coffee. Sooner or later I'm going to splurge and order some Timmy's, even though the shipping costs as much as the coffee does. Go figure.
    A guy from Georgia drinks Tim Hortons? Can it be true?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big coffee drinker too, and if you have reflux like I do, too much can make for a miserable day.

Coffee does have some benefits when taken in moderation.

However, coffee (caffeine and other stimulants) do tend to constrict the blood vessels as well as lower body temperature. Too much coffee of course contributes to tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, and acute gastrointestinal distress.

Decaf coffee makes no sense to me though...it's kind of like drinking non-alcoholic beer. I need my coffee in the morning for sure.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12