Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What about the other Fenders?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What about the other Fenders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What about the other Fenders?

We've been talking alot lately about Strats and Teles, along with the ever present Squier '51... But what about the other Fenders...

Iago has a Mustang, and a good lookin' one at that... What do you like / dislike about the guitar?

I saw a Showmaster today on Guitartrader (by the way, Hwy 1s are now down to $499.00 ), and was floored by their beauty, especially the bubinga topped ones, which to me are very different... Anybody ever played one of these set-neck shredmeisters?

Jaguars and Jazzmasters: funky, retro, and cool looking. How do they play? Opinions?

I saw a Toronado as well... The more I look at the design, the more it grows on me... Whaddaya think?

And... How about the Cyclone? Different design, I think, and it looks like it could be at home either playing metal OR surf...

Discuss...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

What! There are other Fenders?!! Oh my, I feel more gas pains a comin.

I used to have a 64 Jaguar. The neck was really skinny. Perfect for a child I guess, but to skinny for my medium sized hands. I had a lot of problems with the switches too. They have a whole bunch of switches and extra volume knobs. Not my industrial cup of tea so to speak.

I also have one of the Squier Stagemasters with neck thru and it is way cool.

Still the one guitar that consistently gets me off is just a plain old Strat.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried starting discussions about Jazzmasters but nobody seems to have one or care. I for one am a huge Jazzmaster fan. I have to being a Robert Smith disciple. Robert, Jimi, and Nuno are the men who molded me.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

The Jaguar has a really great sound, check out Red hot chili peppers "under the bridge".

The cyclone looks like a good guitar, its a short scale. It seems kinda similar to the ´51
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I've been gassing for a yellow Cyclone for quite a while...

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been trying to start a 69 Mustang review a while ago, but I always give up on doing it... I feel really lazy just by thinking about it hehehehe...maybe I`ll do that late this night now, so you guys can check the "other models" thread tomorrow, it may be there!

I`d like to try a Jazzmaster though. And the Cyclone maybe be just the same as the 51 except for it having the tone control, and the mustang kind of body, and rosewood fretboard.
    Last edited by Iago; July 14th, 2006 at 09:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new Cyclone II back in 2004, but it was almost impossible to keep in tune. I also kept bumping the pickup switches while playing which resulted in losing tone and taking chunks of flesh from my hands. Not good.

If they ever made the Cyclone 25.5" scale I'd try one though. I love the yellow!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    I also kept bumping the pickup switches while playing which resulted in losing tone and taking chunks of flesh from my hands. Not good.

Dang! Looks like they should've taken the ol' Cyclone back to the ergonomic drawing board! That ain't right, I tell ya!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Well,Speaking of other Fenders I happen to own a 1966 Coronado lll Wildwood l no one seems to have seen or know about at least not til my former bass guitarist spotted Jimmy Vaughn using one on a PBS channel giving tribute to Jerry Reed Friday.he thinks it was an Austin City Limit spinoff and said mine was in better shape than his - interesting stuff considering not many were made.below is the guitar mentioned.

Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by player
    Well,Speaking of other Fenders I happen to own a 1966 Coronado lll Wildwood l no one seems to have seen or know about at least not til my former bass guitarist spotted Jimmy Vaughn using one on a PBS channel giving tribute to Jerry Reed Friday.he thinks it was an Austin City Limit spinoff and said mine was in better shape than his - interesting stuff considering not many were made.below is the guitar mentioned.

Nice, how about some more pics and larger - I wanna see that thing close up.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Strum ,Been trying to find a thread Put up long ago that showed a bunch of pics of it,no luck so far but will if I find the thread put it or them up for ya.it was one in which Robert stated he would like to get a 335 like guitar.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Some of us believe Fender should have stopped at the Telecaster. Esquires are OK too
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Some of us believe Fender should have stopped at the Telecaster. Esquires are OK too
    Don'cha mean the Broadcaster?

I like all those odd Fenders, in theory at least, I've never played one.

But given two guitars of about the same quality & with great playability & tone I'd take the odd duck over the well-known standard every time.

I'm a bit contrarian like that.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose the other fender models I've never commented on mainly because I've never played them. I have played the jaguar bass though, really nice(especially the red w/ painted headstock), just too many knobs, they should label that thing.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

To be serious, the one "odd" Fender I'd really like is a Bass VI. Move the strings over one, add a top A, and voila! the best baritone guitar ever made. I found one a few years ago, hesitated and when I went back, the shop had closed down!

Post Thanks / Like

Got something Strum - same guitar a little different shade color but you get the idea.its in the case. wish I could get or find bigger for ya.btw mine is the one not in a case

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by player
    Got something Strum - same guitar a little different shade color but you get the idea.its in the case. wish I could get or find bigger for ya
    Did you know that that colour was produced by injecting beech trees with dyes? Scary, eh? Fender produced a whole series of wildwood guitars around the time of the CBS takeover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Did you know that that colour was produced by injecting beech trees with dyes? Scary, eh? Fender produced a whole series of wildwood guitars around the time of the CBS takeover.

yes I found out from the place I bought it from in 66.scary? depends how you look at it in a way it was very ingenious,just too bad they tried to copy a Gibson style instead of using their own merits/ideas.
    also noted was it was designed by a former Rickenbacker employee(Germany I believe) that Fender aquired outside the box.btw they say it was from the Antigua collection.those that I've seen are some Ugly guitar(s) finished.they also come in red that when fades looks simlar to what mine does that has always looked that way from day one.

Post Thanks / Like

Fender Mustangs are great! Its like having a mix of Strat and Tele. Alot of people dont likethem because they dont stay in tune. Well you have to set them up properly or just live with the tuning problems.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast