Thread: Lydia's Dream (BT/Collab)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lydia's Dream (BT/Collab)

Hey there,

I have constructed a BT. It's in C and you can fiddle over it in G to get some lovely Lydian sounds.

Here's my take on it:
    http://www.box.net/shared/1t3ptrb1d0

Here you can get the BT without Jimi's shredding ;-):
    http://www.box.net/shared/lxaaht450g

:
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimi, that's a nice track. Nice lead ideas. I noticed some tasty triad ideas in there. Reminds me a bit of Satriani here and there.
    :

Tell us more about how you recorded the track and your lead guitar.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your kind feedback on my BT. I have searched for an approach that slightly differs from the usual Blues pattern BT. Indeed, I was inspired by Satriani and Vai when I have composed this BT, but hey who can play in Lydian mode without sounding like one of the a.m. guys, he? I have played along with "Surfing With The Alien" a lot when I was younger and some legato lines I will never forget.

I have of course recorded the guitar with my Toneport UX1. JV Strat. Some Marshall Setting with Fuzz and there you go.

I have constructed the Bassline with NI BANDSTAND. I have played the Synthie stuff with some plug in called Hypercanvas. Drums come from Bandstand, too. Recording software is Magix Music Maker Dlx 7.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)