Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your ringtone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's your ringtone?

Which ringtone do you have on your mobile?
    Currently, I have a normal *rin-ring*, but I am thinking of changing it to a little *wah-wah* called Voodoo Child Slight Return
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I use Friend Of The Devil by The Grateful Dead for family members and close friends - everyone else gets some ring, ring that came with the phone.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Casting Crown's "If We Are the Body".
    Gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on who's calling...

For my wife it's Jimi's "Little Wing" (her fav song)
    For my friend Steve it's the theme to Curb Your Enthusiasm (his fav show)
    For my mom it's Paul Simon's "Mother & Child Reunion"
    For pretty much everyone else it's the Monty Python theme music
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

mine sounds like an old-fashioned telephone....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Which ringtone do you have on your mobile?
    Currently, I have a normal *rin-ring*, but I am thinking of changing it to a little *wah-wah* called Voodoo Child Slight Return
    Funny you mention that Jimi...

I've got a straight forward ring tone now, but I've been thinking about switching to the Wah part from Voodoo Chile also. It would be great to break-up a typically boring meeting at work with that...

Wouldn't be that unique, though. Many a meeting has been interupted by the Boss' phone going off to ZZ Top's La Grange.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Michael Landau riff, and a police car chase call.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is the in-between-levels music from the original Doom.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

My 1 year old laughing. It makes me smile every time the phone rings. Anybody wanna give me a call?
    Learning to play on my first and only guitar:
    Art & Lutherie Cedar Sunrise

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine is a stock iPhone ringtone called "Strum" that is a bluegrassy sounding, acoustic strum, as the name would imply.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Mine: "Is there a ghost" by Band of Horses. Good stuff.

For those who have never heard:

It's got six strings, right? What more do you need to know?

Guitars: Breedlove passport D20, Ibanez SR400, Xaviere XV 820
    amps: Yamaha DG-60
    musical experience: drummer/ lead singer in punk outfit --> drummer/guitar/singer in psychedelic jam-band --> drums/bass/guitar/singer in folk band --> drummer/ lead vocals in experimental band http://www.myspace.com/adnascentia --> guitar/ lead vocals in indie band http://www.myspace.com/itsanoreaster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Mine is the in-between-levels music from the original Doom.
    Nice! If I heard that somewhere I would laugh my butt off.

On my old phone I had the Benny Hill theme music which always got a laugh or two when it would go off.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Currently, I have a normal *rin-ring*,
    Same here. I don't notice melodic tones because of my hearing loss but I can certainly hear that annoying constant ringing of the regular type. I've tried changing it but it never works.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

...the original windows mobile ringtone

I´m just too lazy to change!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is "Black Betty" by Ram Jam.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually vibrate, but old style phone set on low.

I find phone ringing annoying. Whether land phone or cell phone, a ringing phone is annoying.

Edit: I might add that a girl where I use to work gave me a ring tone that is a persons voice (annoying voice) that starts out somewhat soft going "ring, ring" and increases in volume and anger if you don't answer the phone. My two kids and my wife love it, so they all have it installed. I am my own worse enemy.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to be able to get ring tones into my phone, what's the trick ? It's a new samsung.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    I can't seem to be able to get ring tones into my phone, what's the trick ? It's a new samsung.
    Does it have a Tunes and Tone screen? Usually you will see - get new ringtones.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I had "Smoke on the Water", then I had "Voodoo Child" for a while, now I'm using dc Talk's "Jesus Freak". On my old phone, I had Casting Crown's "What If His People Played" and some others. I change them about as often as I change my avatar...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast