Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your ringtone?

Post Thanks / Like

I lived without a cell phone until last summer when the wife & I hooked up with a 2-phone plan. I leave mine turned off because it took about 10 missed calls to figure out how to answer it. All I get is phone spam anyway. It has a battery life of 20-minutes... It's an awful, useless thing!
    I'm sure I could live just fine with no phone at all.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I lived without a cell phone until last summer when the wife & I hooked up with a 2-phone plan. I leave mine turned off because it took about 10 missed calls to figure out how to answer it. All I get is phone spam anyway. It has a battery life of 20-minutes... It's an awful, useless thing!
    I'm sure I could live just fine with no phone at all.
    I would say for the first six years I would leave mine off except to make a call (about once every two months). My battery charge lasts about 3 to 5 days with very moderate calls and text.

I've now been with Verizon for at least 12 to 14 years (based on number of old phones laying around) and I've never have received phone spam and in the last 3 or 4 years I've had only maybe two dropped calls.

I went from never having it on, to turning around and going back home if I forgot my phone when I leave the house.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I received 2 spams before I got the thing home from the store!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the "Oompa Loompa" song for my main ringtone. I have parts of "Enter Sandman," "Mr. Scary," "Back in Black" and others for individual ringtones.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's actually a work issued phone (since 2004), so I have the use of it 24/7 without having to pay for it. Those of us with issued phones have a pretty generous number of minutes, and since I'm never close to exhausting them I have no problems.

I never had a cell before that but I've grown so used to it that I can't see ever being without one. It can be annoying like wearing a leash, but it can be awfully handy, especially in emergencies.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's set to "ring-ring", and on the loud setting for when I'm at the jobsite working. During wintertime weather-related temporary layoff, when I get to be home, I shut it off.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

I have different ring tones for everyone. I used Audacity to capture the part of the song I like. My wife likes Elvis so I have "Calling Elvis" by Dire Straits for her ring tone.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

"Eruption" by Van Halen for incoming calls.

"The Star Spangled Banner" by Hendrix for incoming text messages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12