Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Vintage-like 1990 standard

Thread: Vintage-like 1990 standard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vintage-like 1990 standard

Hello, this is my first post here.

Let me start by saying that i feel extremely lucky, i got this amazing looking and sounding Les Paul, a vintage 1990 standard that has been played hard. This guitars almost feel like it belongs in a museum. The broken in feel is just out of this world....man i never thought a guitar could feel like this.

This baby has seen so many bars that it has that smoky smell all over, its an amazing smell!!!.

How the logo looks like its from the 50's is priceless. There are cracks in every part of the lacquered finish that has turned into a vintage amber.

I cleaned this guitar very carefully and it had coats nicotine every ware, The guitar had zero shine, but after this it brought it back and its way better then the VOS finish, because its real!!! everything here is real not simulated and i can see just how unrealistic Tom Murphy relicing is, no offence, but i think that it does not represent how real lacker ages.

The neck is fat and rounder from playing so many gigs that its the most comfortable neck i have ever played.

And for the sound....well the neck pickup its beyond anything i have ever heard, its so amazing i just cant describe them. The bridge is just as wonderful and has a vintage tone of a PAF. The acoustic tone of the wood resonates very snappy and warm.

This guitars come from Spartanburg, SC and i bought it from a guy that found it in a local pawnshop. Its was left there by the guitarist of a band called The BootHill Band (Southern rock) and he was the original owner and was his main guitar for years and played every bickers bars all over the USA.

This baby looks far older then 19 years and i'm blessed with it, for $1,210 and original case :

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's the way a guitar should be relic'd.............by being played lots.
    Nice looking Gibson, you are lucky, as you said.

Stop by the Fretplayer's section when you get time and introduce yourself.....tell us a little about where you live, your age, something along those lines........... we already know you have a killer Les Paul.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Like OG said, stop over at the Fret Players

In the meantime, would it be the guy on the left?

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! You did a superb job cleaning it up.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Very nice! You did a superb job cleaning it up.
    That's for sure.............. and it's aged very nicely...........looks like a much older axe.
    If a relic'd guitar ever looked that authentic, I haven't seen it.
    I think there's only one way to get one worn like that...........:
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice indeed. :
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a real warrior....................congrats! :
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool.

That color reminds me of my honeyburst LP Classic. Very similar.

Btw, as others have said, introduce yourself in the Fret Players forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Look what i found under the pickguard, cherry color....man...this is unreal, it has totally faded...

And yet another surprise under the hood, BB caps!!!