Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Update to my pedal board - all you can overdrive

Thread: Update to my pedal board - all you can overdrive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update to my pedal board - all you can overdrive

Hello!

I just want to show the update of my pedalboard:

The new one is the good old Boss DS-1. I thoght I would get a very heavy 80's distortion. But with most of my low output guitars, there is a very fine overdrive sound with distortion at 12 o'clock. Chords are resolved very fine so that there is absolut no muddy tone. Ok, I did'nt get what I thought, but this sound fits very good to my playing.

That's one of my problems: I like different distortion sounds: From even breaking up to crunchy rock sounds up to classic lead. So I have to collect distortion pedals on my board

In the moment the signal path is:

Guitar -> Bos TU-2 -> Hellabe Wah -> Marshall BB-2 -> Harley Benton OD-100 -> Digitech Bad Monkey -> Marshall Guv'nor Plus -> Bosss DS-1 -> Marshall Regenerator 1 -> Harley Benton Delay DD-2 -> Amp.

I'm thinking of changing the delay to a Boss DD-7 because mine has noch tap-tempo function.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Lots of Marshall pedals - kewl! :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always heard Germans were into driving. I guess this confirms it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I've always heard Germans were into driving. I guess this confirms it.
    I guess you're right
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris,

You can never own enough overdrive and distortion pedals. Your board looks great.

What are those patch cables you use?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75

What are those patch cables you use?
    That are CORDIAL CFI with neutrik/REAN 0,15 to 0,6 m long with rectanguluar plugs.

Some mentioned, that they are only half metal shielded at the plug, but I found no problems until now.

Other good patchcable are the Pro Snake Patch Cables of Thomann.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the BB-2? I am looking for an overdrive pedal and have been considering this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disraeli
    How do you like the BB-2?
    The BB-2 has two modes:

Boost Mode: Only the volume level has a function. It determines the level of the boost. The boost itself is nearly neutral, slightly pushing midrange. I use it a lot this way, to give a little extra "kick" in the solos when playing nearly clean or with only little overdrive.

Blues mode: You get a bluesy overdrive fom just breaking up to a singing lead sound. It really sounds like a cranked up marshall bluesbraker combo. Think of the sound of AC/DC; you won't get a 80's metal sound out of it.

I like it very much, because you get 2 pedals in one. The metal housing and true bypass is good as well.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    The BB-2 has two modes:

Boost Mode: Only the volume level has a function. It determines the level of the boost. The boost itself is nearly neutral, slightly pushing midrange. I use it a lot this way, to give a little extra "kick" in the solos when playing nearly clean or with only little overdrive.

Blues mode: You get a bluesy overdrive fom just breaking up to a singing lead sound. It really sounds like a cranked up marshall bluesbraker combo. Think of the sound of AC/DC; you won't get a 80's metal sound out of it.

I like it very much, because you get 2 pedals in one. The metal housing and true bypass is good as well.

Hmm well I wasn't really goin for an AC/DC sound. More along the lines of an early Clapton (bluesbreaker, cream era) So, ill have to keep on researching. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Disraeli; February 18th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disraeli
    Hmm well I wasn't really goin for an AC/DC sound. More along the lines of an early Clapton (bluesbreaker, cream era) So, ill have to keep on researching. Thanks for the info.
    Perhaps you have a look at the variety of tones of the BB-2 at the youtube video.

You can also get the woman tone with it. You can hear it at 1:05.
    Greetings

Christian

pes_laul Guest

you gotta love the DS-1. I see your using the same setting I do. gets a good 80's to 90's grunge sound