Thread: Dimarzio?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dimarzio?

Had anyone used dimarzio pickups, Im interested in the virtual vintage solo or solo pro, had anyone used them or any other VV pickups?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got a pair of Virtual T's for my Tele and I love them!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I heard on the dimarzio site they have some sounds clips for the tele pups, but I was wondering about the strat pickups, I think Im probably gonna get them even if no one here used em, the description is just so nice for the solo pro...

"The concept for the Virtual Solo Pro™ is a Strat® replacement that cancels hum and performs like a P90. We turned it up a notch with Alnico 2 magnets for more sustain and a warm, woody tone that’s a cross between a violin and a human voice. Big and round-toned with a clean setting, the Virtual Solo Pro™ stays warm with overdrive, and produces great harmonics with high gain amps."

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the master of the stratocaster - Scott Henderson -> http://scotthenderson.net/live.htm - on this live album he uses Virtual Vintage 2.2 and he's got a mean tone. I'm getting these pickups for my next strat.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

The VV 2.2 don't really sound that attractive to me, maybe its just my preferences though, I like a really "round" sound, also I really like the Eric Johnson sound, espacialy on his "Cliffs of Dover" video, http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=eric+johnson I love that sound, its so soft and clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 2 DiMarzio Tone Zone and a Pro Track 2's in my Marilyn Strat. My Flip-Flip Strat has a Tone Zone S. I'm very happy with each pickup for I want them to do for me.

Their customer support is outstanding also. I had one pickup mysteriously die on me a few months ago after 2 years of use. I called DiMarzio and they told me to just ship them the old one. They didn't ask for a reciept or anything. In 4 days with no questions asked, I got a brand new pickup in the mail.

DiMarzio stands by their products and will not hesitate to purchase DiMarzio pickups again in the future.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Class of 55s in my Strat and will either put in a VV Solo or HS-3 in the bridge. I also have their Virtual Hot PAF in my Gibson. Excellent sounding pickups.

Post Thanks / Like

If you put the solo let me know how it sounds.