Thread: Elvis & Frisell (For Strum)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elvis & Frisell (For Strum)

In honor of Strum's Elvis avatars, I thought I'd post this video of a recent EC performance with one of my guitar heroes, the incomparable Bill Frisell.

They work wonderfully together. I highly recommend their album The Sweetest Punch on which they pay tribute to the songs of Burt Bacarach as well as their other collaboration Deep Dead Blue (which is a live album). Both are frequent listens for me.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey R of G, thanks.

I'm at work so I can't watch or listen (darn IT people), but I will do so when I get home.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be worth the wait.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    It'll be worth the wait.
    I came across this when I was posted about songs that stay locked in your head. I was just starting to shake the song and BAM!!! you post this.

And I thank you for that.:
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's in my head now...but a very neat version of this song. Prompted me to go look up some more Elvis. Great post!