Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What is the nicest guitar you have ever played?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the nicest guitar you have ever played?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the nicest guitar you have ever played?

Tell us, what is the nicest axe you ever played? Right now, my mind just comes to my current Suhr!

I played a CS Strat one time that was exceptional too. Can't think of any others at the moment.

I played a K-line strat at Tone Merchants that I also really liked, as well as a Grosh.

Earlier this winter, I played a Heritage LP that was amazing - seemed way nicer than any Gibson LP I've ever played.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A $10,000.00 Martin HD-45 when the Martin reps came through a couple years back and gave a show at our local shop.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I've played acoustics by James Olson, Dana Bourgeois, and Stephen Sobell that I could have taken home and cuddled all night. The electric that stands out in my memory is a 60s Les Paul with a maple fretboard that a guy I knew in college bought at an estate sale. Besides being a great player, the thing was about as broken-in as it's possible for a guitar to be. It had that undefinable something that an instrument only has when it's had many years of love played into it.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever heard of Lehle switches? I had a pretty good contact with that guy, he had his repair shop around the corner. Although, he only builds switches nowadays, he used to build guitars, too. And one of the best playinf and finest instruments was a Strat type with big headstock he built.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

It was an LP custom owned by a guy who taught me my first scales on guitar. It was beautiful, and played like buttah.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Right now it's my Carvin DC127M. Before that is my Carvin Bolt which I still have.

I've played the big names and I'm not really impressed with them though they are certainly nice instruments.

I think Carvin did something wrong.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the two custom neck through the body Strat type guitars that Pat at Resurrection Guitars built for Keb Mo'.

Man, they are sweet guitars...:

And another one that Pat built as a special request for a customer: An exact replica of Sunburst 1959 Les Paul built from the original blueprints. It was like traveling back in time and playing a '59 LP when it was brand new.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

My Gibson ES-135.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a Gretsch kick Love my 5120, but the Brian Setzer signature 6120 is pretty dreamy...

Also really like the Blade tele-type with 2-buckers that I tried recently - not a boutique axe, but pretty nice all around just the same.

I don't get out much
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

A friends Martin HD 7. This is the seven string, McGuinn signature model. Octave, doubled G string. Just a great sounding and playing dread. Best of the 12 string and 6 string worlds.

Best acoustic I've owned is the Guild D35 NT in the stable.

The best guitar I have ever owned was a 1961, candy apple red telecaster. My lack of dark side talent finally led me to sell it to someone who could really put it thru it's paces. Still one of the best Tele's I have ever heard.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine runs a music store. He's got 2 PRS's (well, he may have more by now, I haven't asked). He let me play 2 of them one day at the store.
    Last edited by bigoldron; February 19th, 2009 at 10:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my friends has a Custom Shop Carvin that is one of the best I've played.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick one of the above. American Ash Telecaster with 4-way switching, Gibson Early J45 Reissue. The Martin OM28V I had on loan a few months back could replace the Gibson any time it likes though.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I played a Martin D35 at a store in North Carolina some months back. It was new but set up perfectly and was so smooth, it was scary. That was the first time I ever thought "ok, so they're worth it...".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb

Pick one of the above. American Ash Telecaster with 4-way switching, Gibson Early J45 Reissue. The Martin OM28V I had on loan a few months back could replace the Gibson any time it likes though.
    Now that is just mean!!

I've been lusting for a Gibson J45 for a while. Came close to buying the poor mans Epiphone masterbilt version. Beautiful guitar markb!!!!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Well as I guess I alluded to in the "skill Vs cost" thread, It's a tie between both my Maton electrics.

Notable mentions go to a second hand, white, Gibson Explorer I messed with a few months back and really cool, kinda high end SG with racing stripes! If I'd had a lazy $4k or so lying about I'd have bought both of them...

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

that I played?

ES335
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Not this one but a 1962 ...

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

The nicest looking guitar: Gretsch Nashville
    The nicest guitar I should have bought: Rickenbacker. Not sure of the model but I think 330. Really thin neck and very light.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast