Thread: I put Fralin Blues pups in my CV Tele

Post Thanks / Like

Default I put Fralin Blues pups in my CV Tele

Why? Because I had them around. I originally tried them in my American Deluxe but found I liked the SCN's better in there. The Fralin blues just sounded darker than the SCN's.

How do they sound in the CV?

WOW.

Extra umph. Nice and tele like, but plays fatter for leads and rock. The neck sounds nice and glassy. If I am missing any sweetness or sparkle I can't find it.

VERY HAPPY..

Post Thanks / Like

What didn't you like about the stock pickups in the CV? I've herd very good reports of them compared to, say Fender OVs.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    What didn't you like about the stock pickups in the CV? I've herd very good reports of them compared to, say Fender OVs.
    I actually liked the sound of the stock pups but they a little on the low output side. So if I’m soloing to Godzilla for instance there just isn’t enough fatness to mimic humbuckers. Not that Fralins do but have enough so it doesn’t sound lame. . I put in the Fralins on a whim because I had them around.

I think the stock pups sound good because that is just one well put together guitar. In other words the good sound has as much to do with the guitar itself (pine body, three brass saddles, etc) than it does the picups.

Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

tele+fuzz =humbucker fatness on a tele ...................................
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Geez...You'd think I smeared watercolor all over the Mona Lisa or something...:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat

Thanks for the tip...btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Or tele + 4-way switch. It adds a series option to the pickup switch. My favourite tele mod.

http://www.tdpri.com/articles/gifs/tele_4way.gif
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience