Thread: Video clip - my new DiMarzio Virtual T pickups

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Video clip - my new DiMarzio Virtual T pickups

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-18.php

This clip is with my Squier Tele through my Reverend Hellhound on clean setting with a MXR Micro Amp.

Hope you can tell how nice these pickups are! I am very impressed by them. Twang, blues, shred - you name it - they can do it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Vewy nwice you wrascal. The bridge cuts but isn't too shrill and the neck has a nice clear full bottom.
    How's the hum?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Virtual T are humless, I like the sound alot, Im not much of a clean player but still nice...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! How's the hum? There is none! Hehe!

My tele became a totally new guitar after pickup swap. I've played American Fender Tele's, and I tell you mine is now better.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Most impressive. I'm particularly impressed with the neck pickup--no mud at all. VERY clear. Hmmm. I may have to rethink my pickup selection for my Model 7. The middle position gave some pseudo-SRV tones that I'm looking for.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Robert! I really liked the neck pickup, seems to have a lot of definition and still has a fat sound.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the neck pickup is pretty amazing compared to what I had. And the bridge pup is nice and snappy but doesn't force me to turn down the tone knob all the time. I am very happy with these pups - I cannot recommend them enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yes, the neck pickup is pretty amazing compared to what I had. And the bridge pup is nice and snappy but doesn't force me to turn down the tone knob all the time. I am very happy with these pups - I cannot recommend them enough!
    So, I think this will be the next Squier - The Squier Tele "Robert Renman Signature" Model.

Great
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, now that I could live with!

Thanks Chris!

Post Thanks / Like

From reading the instructions for those pickups it seems that you can "tap" them so that they will run in non-hum-cancelling mode. Have you tried that? Would it be worth it? Since I'm going to be ripping all of the hardware out of my guitar anyway, it would be a small matter to install pots with push-pull switches in them.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that too, but I didn't try it. If I could install a push-pull that could turn the hum-canceling feature on and off, that would be cool. Not sure how to do that though.