Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The official pics o' members thread...

Thread: The official pics o' members thread...

Post Thanks / Like

Default The official pics o' members thread...

Robert and Tremoloman have their pics as their avatars, and we've seen the SuperSwede in a prior post. Tim, Warren, and Iago have posted their faces in prior threads. I thought it might be nice to have a one thread where new members could put a face with the name of our fellow Fretters.

I was working a second job at a car show this past weekend, and came upon a real nice group of folks that call themselves The Donut Gang. It's a group of members that all have classic, pre-1973 cars that they've modified, and they look cool! Anyway, we had a great time in the near 100 degree (Fahrenheit) heat, and they helped make the job go by faster. We took a pic before I left, and they posted it on their website, www.donutgang.com , under "events." It's my first picture on the net... I'm the one wearing long pants.

There's more than a little irony there, ya think?
    Last edited by Katastrophe; July 18th, 2006 at 03:15 AM.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Nice photo, I bet you were having just a little g.a.s. for one of those cars
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Cool photo ... Cool site. Now about wearing all black when it is over 100 degrees temperature. They just don't go together.

Good idea Kat. Everyone should take a picture of yourself holding or playing your favorite guitar (or by someone else if you can do both).
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

how come you messed up a picture of what appears to be a beautiful truck....looks to be the same year as mine...putting all those do"nuts" in front of it.

checked out the website...man some great carsv and trucks there....of course i love the 55 ford f-100 truck (mine is a 54 which is the same truck only the grill is different) and i have always wanted a 41 willys coupe...sweet!!
    oh yeah...to keep on topic....here is a pic of me with my new les paul.

Last edited by warren0728; July 18th, 2006 at 04:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a future fretter (she hasn't learned to type yet)

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Cool photo ... Cool site. Now about wearing all black when it is over 100 degrees temperature. They just don't go together.
    The uniform is actually Navy Blue, but it's just as hot, not to mention the vest and undershirt I was wearing. I had the option of wearing approved shorts, but it just don't look right on me, kinda like a bowling ball propped up by two toothpicks.
    Warren - Those guys knew their way around cars, that's for sure... Also there was an *all original* late 30's car, with 88,000 miles and the original upholstery!

Robert - I see you're training the future Fretter right! Time for a mini-SX soon.

SuperSwede - GAS for the cars....LMAO! Yep, there was a '69 Mustang Mach 1 that had the prettiest deep red flake paint job, and some '28 - '32 style Ford coupes that I wouldn't mind owning, not to mention the beautiful '23 T-bucket that was there!
    Last edited by Katastrophe; July 18th, 2006 at 07:54 AM.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post a few shots of my ugly mug when I get home. Be sure to make your eye doctor appointments!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one of me from a few years ago, when I was going through my "duhvoodoomariachi" phase....

Attachment 374

(Yeah, I wish....)
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another future fretter
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Here's me with my two oldest children from two years ago. I look basically the same, just ever-so-slightly grayer. This was taken at my homebrew club's annual summer picnic.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Here I am playing my Tele, when it had the pearloid 'guard...