Thread: Tool

pes_laul Guest

Default Tool

I must say I've been really diggin this band lately, they may be a tad bit weird but they have a really hard sound and are all really good musicians

Post Thanks / Like

My Favourite band ever.......love em. Cant play much of it but I love Adam Jones tone . And Danny Carey is my 2nd favourite drummer, after the mighty Neil Peart. Tool are great. Odd, but great
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Yahh...Tool is in my top three with Radiohead and Rush..

My favorite song at the moment.

The story of the song..
    Marie is the middle name of Keenan's deceased mother, Judith Marie Garrison. As Keenan explains in his commentary on A Perfect Circle's aMOTION DVD, she suffered a stroke that left her partially paralyzed and wheelchair-bound. The length of time between the paralysis and her death was 27 years, or approximately 10,000 days.

When I think of this woman going to heaven and demanding her wings it gives me chills...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome call pes!!

The song you posted is actually one of the songs I want played at my funeral

I've seen them a couple of times and have most of their CD's I think and whilst there is some "artistic filler" on their CD's from time to time, there is also some amazing guitar and some fantastic lyrics.

Off the top of my head (in case you haven't heard them yet) make sure you listen to:

From Aenima..
    Fourty Six & 2
    Hooker with a Penis
    Aenima

from Undertow..
    Prison Sex (just try and block out the lyrics....eeewwwwww)
    Sober (as you posted)
    Undertow

The entire Opiate EP.

Man. Back in the 90's everyone I knew had a Tool t-shirt of some kind. Didn't matter if you were a stoner, metal head, punk, grunger or rock kid. Everyone was into Tool.

"All you know about me is what Ive sold you"

Post Thanks / Like

DOnt forget the whole of the 'Lateralus' album. Simply awesome.:
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
    DOnt forget the whole of the 'Lateralus' album. Simply awesome.:
    cool I just bought that album the other day, all of them are just amazing musicians. SOme of the bass playing is just great.