Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi there.

Thread: Hi there.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hi there.

Hi there people.

My little story about guitar...

All start at 13 or 14? dont remember, my first teacher was a blind guy, who teached my some basic chords C, G, he teachme that basic things (though I really went far, I guess), also he give me my first guitar (old, used and a lot and curved). Also at school I was with a friend and both of us liked Metallica hehe, so he take me to a place where you can buy some tabs and we learned "nothing else matter" (IIRC, I guess was the first quassi complete song I learn except electric guitar solo), in school also we learned flute and learn a little notes in the "pentagram". Also some time latter a guy who was taking music classes on guitar I guess, teached me a little more (dont remember what hehe) perhaps some practicing of fingers like 1,2,3,4 and 1,3,2,4, and timming. Later I take classes at a public place for 1 to 4 months dont remember, the guy there give us a book the one you start with classic guitar that come with exersices and so on and I think I have advanced in the book near to the end I guess. All this was ala amateur I guess and passed from 13 or 14 to 16 year old, after that I left the guitar for as many as 10 years or so, in that time I only owned an acoustic guitar, with my friend of school I played a little an electric guitar and his grand father one time sayed me that the thing I was trying to do (haha ala improvisation) sounded like a song for a serie of detectives... now I think that was a fun observation haha.

Until this days I come back, one day the past year 8/9/08 (date/month/year), I bought in an action that was more impulsive and reactive after talk with a friend that I wanted an electric guitar for so long, we decided to go and buy one, he helped me choosing one guitar with the budged I have in that impulsive moment, finally I get an epiphone junior model .

Also the guy that I know from secondary school? didn't let playing guitar now he have a little group, and after talking to him about my new guitar, he invited me to play with them... tought Im really bad when performing, Im ashamed.

So, I will like to play a lot of things I mean, rock, metal, blues, jazz... but who know if I can? hehe, anyway, my music likeness range is broad... I only need that likes me. I don't have only one choice for music like when I was young only metal... ey! I even can dance some salsa :P. In the end, I will like to play what I want and feel.

Right now I'm trying to get in touch with "What breaks a heart" of Satriani, still there is much place to improve in timming, speed and execution, at less for the momment I guess I have memorized 80% of the song (the final parts still left), but I can't do this figure http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=10327&page=3 haha, so I guess Im a beginner :P. And I will like to learns scales and so on, theory and do some improvisation, don't know.

Extra?

This is my first pickup that I use a lot and it start to break:

and

Nice isn't???, I never know before that they breaks this way...

This is a draw of my left hand@TheMonitor... I think is tiny... and I think my nails are somewhat rare I think perhaps when childhood to much cut of them?? dont know but my nails are extrange I guess... because some times when binding a string the string at top enter somewhat between the finger and the nail and make strange sound when realeasing the bind... haha.

(click photo for see my actual hand size, actually fits in 800x800)

Also because my hand is small, perhaps I can't do the referenced figure in the other post... lol.

By the way, Im from México capital city. And here is a shoot of my guitar

An extra note, I will also like to play violin, piano and a thing apparently called "kalimba", but I know none of them .
    Last edited by tyoc; March 8th, 2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Images displayed I gues. Extra instruments I will like to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret.Net
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the gang!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!!!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Hola and welcome.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Bienvenido!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Welcome to the gang!
    We are a cult with axes.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hola! hola!

Thanks for the welcome people, at less now I have correctly setup the images.

Hope you understand what I wrote, my English is almost trial an error.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and Cheers!
    -Steve

Guitars: Carvin BoltPlus-T, Floyd Rose DST-3, Xaviere XV870, Fender Acoustic
    Amp: Vox AD50VT 212, V-Amp 2
    Pedals/Effects: Wasabi Overdrive, HellBabe Wah, Digitech Hot Head, Danelectro Fab Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome TYOC!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like