Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Blackheart Little Giant BH5H - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blackheart Little Giant BH5H

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    SVL, in response to your comment over in the amp poll. Yep, I think the BH is the most practical choice for me based on size, power, and reasonable cost.
    For what you have been talking about, I agree. The C-30 can sound good in the house and at lower volumes, but I think, based on playing around with Spud's that if you really want to use it only for "bedroom" purposes, the BH Little Giant seems more practical.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; March 18th, 2009 at 09:01 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going down there with your new amph!!!

Dont skimp on a good speaker cable http://lavacable.com/

USA made

Warning some prices could lead to less beer

Canare being the cheapest brand in that dept.(speaker cable)

I just bought two speaker cables and one instrument and boy it was costly : Worth it though!
    Last edited by mrmudcat; March 19th, 2009 at 12:20 AM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip Muddy! I'll try to get some pics up this weekend.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya' go, a couple of pics.

Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, I appreciate sliced tree as much as the next man but get some Tolex, Tweed, or some kind of fabric on that nekkid cab... looks like a microwave cart or yuppie bar!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an echo in here dude?

Rocket, Rocket, Rocket, I know you didn't just trash Shiner's Custom Cab v. 1.0! Are you just trying to piss me off?:

Besides, it's not like I built it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

No trash.
    I said I appreciate it... and I do... but... it looks like fine furniture, not abusable equipment!

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me Rocket, with three coats of spar varnish, you can spill two or three beers on her and leave it there all night, and she'll be fine. I have been playing around with the idea of building a 2x12, after I build CB's pedal board. But I've never worked with Tolex and to be honest the thought of it intimidates me a little. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

You tired of echo-posting yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup.

Post Thanks / Like

Shiner

Awesome cab! Go for it and build that 2x12 or 2x10. The Little Giant Sounds really good through a 212 too.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I may have just picked up a Blackheart head for $100. I'm waiting for the guy to get back to me. I was too late for a Epi Riviera that was a sweet one.

Now I have to get one of those microwave stands.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, if you can pick up one of these amphs for a hundred bucks, jump on it. You won't regret it. I may even make you a sweet deal on the microwave stand after I build my "gater skin" covered 2x12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Strum! Sounds like a good score!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I think I may have just picked up a Blackheart head for $100. I'm waiting for the guy to get back to me. I was too late for a Epi Riviera that was a sweet one.

Now I have to get one of those microwave stands.
    Strummy,
    If that falls thru, I know where's there's a 'Little Giant Half Stack' - the head w/ the BH112 1x12 cab - for $200...looks almost new, was traded in. May be negotiable, maybe not. It was at 'My Local GAS Station' Sunday...

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad
    Strummy,
    If that falls thru, I know where's there's a 'Little Giant Half Stack' - the head w/ the BH112 1x12 cab - for $200...looks almost new, was traded in. May be negotiable, maybe not. It was at 'My Local GAS Station' Sunday...
    Well, the one I am getting is still pending and it is really up to me now if the deal goes through. I'll PM you.

I have to sell some things. The kid that my daughter goes to school with is still mowing over the Washburn Idol and RP350 (I thought I was bad). I'm sure he will want it once the items are sold.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

What do ya think shiner? Ive had mine for almost a year and it is by far the best head and cab unit for the cash. The price has gone up 100 bucks since I bought mine. I put a demo of the amp on youtube when I first bought it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use it near as much as my lovely Child Bride Scotty. She's the electric rock goddess, and I'm more the acoustic guy. But I LOVE it!

In fact, I've been neglecting my Firefly amph since she came along.:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123