Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Blackheart Little Giant BH5H - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackheart Little Giant BH5H

Post Thanks / Like

She came in today, and she is a monster! One of the lawyers I office with was laughing at me for buying an amph when I don't have any electrics anymore, but I reminded her that CB has four I can use anytime I want.

I noodled around with her for about 30 minutes, listening to all the other guitars in the room humming in harmonic approval. Tested out Wingsdad's ASAT and Rocket's LP, both sounded incredible, but different (excuse me, I meant "CB's ASAT and LP" ). CB played around for about 20. Pics will be on the way this weekend.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

[wolf whistle here]

meeeee likey.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Thanks for all the input guys. Got the amph ordered last night, so hopefully it will get here this week. Oh, and I made sure to use the fret zzounds link.:
    Congrats Shiner ,sounds like a good purchase.:

You guys in the U.S are lucky to get ZZounds link ,we Canuks don t get any deals from beein Fretneters + the - 20% on USD ad to that the shipping ..

I d say it turns down some G.A.S projects..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet.

Welcome to the Blackheart amp club :

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Shiner! I bet you kids are gonna love crankin' up that amp and wailin' on the weekends.
    How does it compare to the firefly? I think I remember CB sayin' how loud that little baby was.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

They are different OG, but I don't know that I can really describe it yet. Other than the obvious (the Blackheart is LOUDER), it also seems to be "beefier" (is that a word?), darker than the Firefly. I'm still playing around with adjusting the tone knobs, so I haven't locked anything in there yet. I'll check back in a couple of weeks and see if I can give you a better description.

By the way . . . signature updated \/ \/ \/ \/
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you would have gone with the two for the price of two sale and send me the one that was the same price as the other one
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I thought you would have gone with the two for the price of two sale and send me the one that was the same price as the other one
    I did dude! I shipped it to Rocket and he's going to send it to you with your free Epidot.:

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    I did dude! I shipped it to Rocket and he's going to send it to you with your free Epidot.:

smokeeeeennnnnnnnn!!!!!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats again! You are warned: Blackheart amps are highly addicting!!

I'm having a great time with my Blackheart Little Giant and Handsome Devil. The tone and quality is very good, and the price is unbeatable too. The cool part is that the Little Giant sounds equally as good with single coils or humbuckers.

There are cool qualities of both the pentode and triode modes too..triode is a little "muddier" or darker, but again, a fun little amp and it WILL get loud.

Enjoy the amp...now run out and get an electric!!
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it's a winner Shiner :

Can't wait to hear some clips

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gal
    Sounds like it's a winner Shiner :

Can't wait to hear some clips

GG
    LTNS
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    LTNS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    long time, no see
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Strum and CB

Yeah it has been LTNS.......been crazy busy here :

How are yo liking the new Blackheart CB?

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gal
    Hey Strum and CB

Yeah it has been LTNS.......been crazy busy here :

How are yo liking the new Blackheart CB?

GG
    like her; love tube amphs. don't know if this makes sense, but i like the LP through the blackheart and the ASAT through the firefly.

shiner is already talking about building a monster amph.

good to 'see' ya, GG!

Post Thanks / Like

like her; love tube amphs. don't know if this makes sense, but i like the LP through the blackheart and the ASAT through the firefly.

good to 'see' ya, GG!

With all your guits and amphs, you and shiner are going to have to build an addition on to your house : I'll be looking forward to seeing shiner's "monster amph" building project....

Nice to "see" ya too CB :

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense, I prefer my Strat and Wildkat through the Valve Jr and my Washburn through the Vox

My Dot through just about anything.

good to 'see' ya, GG!
    Tell Shiner to give this a thought

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

SVL, in response to your comment over in the amp poll. Yep, I think the BH is the most practical choice for me based on size, power, and reasonable cost.
    Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast