Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Spring time in Idaho - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spring time in Idaho

Post Thanks / Like

It was so nice last week when I was in MN. I come home yesterday and today to snow. Blech. At least it's supposed to be back near 70 by the end of the week.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

It's around 50 for the next couple of days, with night time lows in the mid 30's. Friday its 75+ and Saturday is suppose to be a little warmer. I need to install the cutting deck on the tractor before the neighbors start to complain.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

got in the 90's today

[ducks... runs]
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Still popping up

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our daffodils and tulips aren't blossoming yet over here, though the crocuses finally showed their heads. Trees are just starting to pop their buds (no full leaves showing yet), and I have my first round of springtime sneezing. ;-)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It was 57 degrees at my house this morning. That doesn't sound bad, I know, but this is Florida and it's April 22nd. This has been the coolest winter I can remember. Not the coldest in terms of individual cold days, but in the number cool days vs. warm days. I've only had the A/C on maybe 4 times since late last October. I wish every winter was like this one.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Just went for a hike above the house with the whole sack of Spuds and found some wildflowers.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, my wife wants to know what kind the yellow flower is, I don't recall seeing that bloom around Kentucky at this time of year??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is most likely Balsam Root, pretty common this time of year in the inland empire/northern intermountain area.http://www.acclaimimages.com/_galler...1713-3046.html It is sometimes called Arrowleaf. http://www.bentler.us/eastern-washin...arrowleaf.aspx (I sound like Cliff Claven now. : )

The other one is Phlox. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...num=3&ct=image
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sun, We have never been out west so that Balsam root is new to us.
    Last edited by street music; April 26th, 2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sure, Street. Around here, it is found mostly on sunny slope hillsides, mixed in with the sage, and other flowers, and contrasts nicely with the new grass that is still green at that time of year. It seems to peak in May or so in the Sun Valley area. Some years, it can turn the entire hillside yellow. Other years, it just provides some nice yellow accents. It is the largest wildflower I can think of we find around here.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Springtime today!

Just thought I would share some shots I from the way back from court today. Springtime in Idaho indeed! (BTW, it is still legal to use a cell phone and drive in Idaho ;-))

(yes that is snow blowing onto the windshield)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sun- keep that stuff out west. In Kentucky using a cell phone means that you are placing your free call from jail.

Post Thanks / Like

I never know the names of these but they sure look nice.

Post Thanks / Like

It finally got semi nice today. It was 50 degrees by 10:30 so I took off for a 52 mile bike ride and took a small camera with me. It was just a nice spring day.

New spring babies

This is looking across the valley south of town at Pebble Creek Ski Area

The low spot is a drainage called Robber's Roost. It's narrow and steep especially at the end.

There is a small creek in the foreground called Marsh Creek. It's a major stop on migratory routes and today was primarily geese, pelicans and raptors. In a few weeks it will be humongous sand hill cranes.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, the longest i ever went was 30 miles. good ride. i miss that.

beautiful pics.
    Last edited by Childbride; May 10th, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Default water works

I went to pick up my daughter at the school bus stop and the city was clearing out their lines. These guys wanted a drink.

Post Thanks / Like

Logged a little road time by riding up to Crystal Summit. It's about 2,000 feet higher than the town. There was a little updraft from the valley as the air was heating up so I couldn't get out of the 40s on the way down. Usually I can get up to 51-54 mph. Fun!:

The air is super fragrant with blossoms right now. It was like riding with cotton candy packed into my nose. Sweetness with every breath.

Going up

Going down

The max

My reward for not crashing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Out of the cave

Mrs. Spud and I decided to get high today. So we pretty much went straight up. It was a perfect day with the high around 85 and a mild breeze. Elevation gain was around 2,000 feet and we went straight up the ridge. Brutal! Totally worth it though. The temps on top were much cooler and the view was awesome. I've never seen the valley from this perspective.

We went up the ridge just to the right of the snow. It's much steeper and higher than it looks here.

Found this little guy down low and the other guy too. They were every where and we constantly had to check.

Scary!

Scout Mountain - we got married there

This is Robber's Roost from almost the same angle as the bike riding photo earlier in the thread.

There were lots of mountain flowers out too. We had to get pretty far up before we found the really good ones.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast