Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Spring time in Idaho - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spring time in Idaho

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks nice! It was nice over here too. But too hot for my tastes this early in the year. You must like the heat more than I do.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Looks nice! It was nice over here too. But too hot for my tastes this early in the year. You must like the heat more than I do.
    Maybe. I just know that I'd better to be able to sweat well for what's coming this summer so I'm training now.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yah, got to train in it. I road Lambs and a ways further up Democrat today too. Democrat here: http://www.thetrailbook.com/Democrat...-%20Images.htm It is dry now. The first pic shows the entrance into Lamb's Gulch. Lamb's Gulch here: http://thetrailbook.com/hailey/amber-gulch-hailey/ First ride that felt hot. Always that way the first hot day in May. Takes a few hot days to get used to after winter (and April was pretty much winter as you know) so have to get out IN it.

Oh, and you might remember this ride: http://thetrailbook.com/hailey/carbo...untain-hailey/
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Went for another hike above town today and when we stopped on a ridge top to look at the valley for a while this little guy decided he had to check us out. I was thinking he might have been wanting finger steaks or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Rain in Early Summer

This is my 11th summer in Idaho, and I have never seen it rain in June for this many days in a row. I think it has been every day since the last weekend in May. So that is at least 2 weeks! Here is what it looks like. The pic without the tennis courts is looking out toward where you should see Bald Mountain.

I grew up in a rainy place, so I have experience with this, but that was 11 years ago, so I am a little rusty. (heh, heh )

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

And the news is that there another week of rain in the forecast.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was younger I wandered around a bit and I wound up in Stanley, Idaho. It was summer. and to me its the most beautiful spot on Earth. The locals assured me that the winters were long...and nasty. I envy you Idaho residents.... despite your long winters! ...Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Stanley is what is considered a short car trip (at least in Idaho) away from home. We love to go up there for hiking, river activities and the high mountain lakes. The Sawtooth mountains up there are amazing. Stanley is often, however, the low temp on any given day for the lower 48. Winters are beautiful, but cold. Summers are just plain gorgeous. Headwaters of the River of No Return are in the vicinity.

If you (or anyone) gets out this way again, let me know.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; June 17th, 2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

We've now had 15 consecutive days of rain. That never happens here.

Post Thanks / Like

16 days now of rain. We're a friggin desert! What's going on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    16 days now of rain. We're a friggin desert! What's going on?
    Didn't you get the plans for an ark :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It didn't rain yet today here, but it is early. The rain has been coming in the afternoon/eve the last few days. Up here in the mountains we have you beat. We at around 18-19 days straight now. Since the last weekend in May. I drove to Jerome yesterday for court, and as I drove south, I realized somewhere near shoshone that finally the desert looked normal with the more golden grasses rather than the green. North of shoshone, it looks like green plains and then as you get to Bellevue and the mountains, it starts to look like a rugged, intermountain version of the Scottish Highlands (at least from what I have seen in Rob Roy and the like.).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

June 15 still counts as spring. Just a shot from the way home from Twin the other day. Pretty good for an iPhone!

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Blue sky? Man I'm on the wrong side of the state.

Today the sky was black from the Tetons down to American Falls. Torrential downpours today as well as all day yesterday. There was even a severe weather warning for quarter sized hail with 60 mile per hour winds today. Scary!

Wettest June on record.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been getting marble sized hail today. The temperature is 61 degrees. The hail last week wiped out thousands of acres of potato plants. Sorry folks but the price of french fries will be going up soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Now we are getting severe storm warnings with quarter sized hail and flash flood alerts. Yippie! The fun never quits. :

Post Thanks / Like

Man, it beautiful out that way. I've always wanted to live in the Bitter Root
    Mts. since I was in my teens. You are one lucky duck to be there....
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Man Spud I remember when a hail storm went through here it dented the tops of cars for miles. There must have been 200 or so dents on every car that was out in the open. You know the body shops are going to bondo them up. Be careful if your car is outside when a hail storm comes. I try to park mine under a tree if I can't get it in the garage. We just had one a couple days ago.

M

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345