Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Spring time in Idaho
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring time in Idaho

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring time in Idaho

Hey SVL - you have any pictures you can add?

We didn't get much snow until late this year and now that it's mostly gone again it starts snowing again. Arrgh!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now we have been having rain. Portions of my backyard is flooded due to the ponds and wetlands overflowing. It was in the 60's yesterday, but getting colder, fortunately not cold enough for snow. We aren't out of the woods yet, we can get hit with a snow storm even when we get into April.

Keep it on your side of the country, we've had our fill of it.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

77 degrees here in Southeast Texas. This tail end of winter sucks.:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

yup, it was hot. shorts and tshirt weather.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Kat and CB,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Kat and CB,
    dang, and here i just called you a most excellent peep.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    dang, and here i just called you a most excellent peep.
    I have a cute butt, don't be too offended
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spud, too busy enjoying skiing the pow with my boys, and my daughter today to take pics, but springtime in the Rockies should be filled with snow! If I get a chance, I will post a shot.

EDIT: ok, here is a quick cell phone shot off the back deck with the view I have from the computer window. Doesn't show the fresh pow, that is on the hills higher up and 12 miles north up the valley, but shows that in march, we still have good cover down in the valley. Springtime in Idaho!

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Once again my spring cycling schedule gets thrown to the wind. Arrgh!

Post Thanks / Like

Heck Spud just put some studs on and go for it.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Heck Spud just put some studs on and go for it.Sumi

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Been there except I never had any studs other than the one piloting the bike. : I just get tired of breaking my equipment down to get all the moisture out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Once again my spring cycling schedule gets thrown to the wind. Arrgh!
    Quit your whining and go for a skate ski!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

My wife called and said she had just gotten off the phone with her sister who lives in Rhinelander Wisconsin where it's 6 degrees F right now. She said that this is by far the worst winter she's been through in the twenty years she's lived in Rhinelander...and winter's not over yet.

Dang global warming....
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    My wife called and said she had just gotten off the phone with her sister who lives in Rhinelander Wisconsin where it's 6 degrees F right now. She said that this is by far the worst winter she's been through in the twenty years she's lived in Rhinelander...and winter's not over yet.

Dang global warming....
    I think the new term is 'climate change.'

Post Thanks / Like

I live several hours southwest of Rhinelander and have lived here since '96. December was bad--set a record for most snowfall in that month. We've certainly had easier winters here but this one hasn't been awful. The thing is that the snow started so early in the year and just stuck around so that it feels longer than usual. More years than not, it seems, we'll have very little snow for Christmas. This year we had tons of it for Christmas. Hopefully we don't get as wet of a spring as last year or we'll have some serious flooding problems again.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Spud and SVL, nice pics! It's beautiful out there in Idaho.

Since I moved to Florida (17 years ago now) I actually miss snow. I wouldn't say I miss all the pain in the butt stuff that comes with it like shoveling driveways and poor road conditions, but the sheer beauty of freshly fallen snow is something I loved. I do actually miss the cold weather aspect as well. Florida is too hot and humid for me most of the time. 10 months of summer is much more than I need.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Spud and SVL, nice pics! It's beautiful out there in Idaho.

Since I moved to Florida (17 years ago now) I actually miss snow. I wouldn't say I miss all the pain in the butt stuff that comes with it like shoveling driveways and poor road conditions, but the sheer beauty of freshly fallen snow is something I loved. I do actually miss the cold weather aspect as well. Florida is too hot and humid for me most of the time. 10 months of summer is much more than I need.
    I like playing in the snow, and playing in the cold weather. I just don't want a steady diet of sub freezing weather from November though March. Shoveling snow, dead batteries, ice slick roads, that kind of chill you just can't get rid of...nah...

I do agree R_of_G...10 months of heat and humidity is too much. The longer I live in Florida, the less tollerant I am of it. This winter has been an absolute blessing...the best in many years. Haven't had the A/C on since early November.

I really think I'd like to live in a place like eastern Tennessee when I retire, sort of halfway to winter. Cold in the winter, but not bone chillingly so. Cold fronts that come...and cold fronts that go.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I live several hours southwest of Rhinelander and have lived here since '96. December was bad--set a record for most snowfall in that month. We've certainly had easier winters here but this one hasn't been awful. The thing is that the snow started so early in the year and just stuck around so that it feels longer than usual.
    Our winter started late this year and was very mild into mid December. We got snow just in time for Christmas. It's these late storms that frustrate me. I WANT TO GO OUT AND PLAY!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast