Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fender Consumer Relations - A quick story

Thread: Fender Consumer Relations - A quick story

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender Consumer Relations - A quick story

I have a story about FMIC Consumer Relations Department I would like to share with you.

I purchased a brand new American Vintage ’62 Reissue Jazzmaster in February of 2005. I had been content with it until a few months ago when the bridge pickup suddenly died on me during a gig for no apparent reason. I took it to my local authorized Fender dealer the next day and they concluded the pickup was indeed defective. Upon further inspection it was discovered that the wiring had been given a shoddy job. 3 connections were found clinging onto their respective components by a single thread of wire with barely a drop of solder. I felt this did not demonstrate the high level of quality we have all come to expect from American Fender products.

I was told I'd be held accountable for repairing it since I couldn't provide my sales reciept. (I bought it online so I never got one on paper). I asked my dealer to order a replacement pickup at my own cost ASAP. Two months later there was still no sign of the pickup. Growing anxious and upset I decided to write Fender with my dissatisfaction.

I proceeded to write a formal letter of complaint to FMIC Consumer Relations Department and submitted it to them last Friday. The very next morning the pickup I had been waiting for came in stock. This turned out to be coincidence, so I felt this was the end of my dispute and I was going to let it go from there.

Today I was stunned to receive a phone call from a Fender Customer Relations representative asking to speak to me directly. The gentlemen I spoke with was friendly and seemed genuine in addressing my concerns. I mentioned that many Fender owners have been unhappy with the long waiting periods for genuine Fender parts and accessories. I mentioned a few stories including the 6 months wait I endured last summer for a set of tuners only to be disappointed when I was shipped the wrong set. The representative acknowledged the situation has been due to lack of dependability from their suppliers. He stated Fender plans to switch suppliers and make sweeping changes to prevent incidents such as these in the near future.

To show gratitude for my troubles, he offered to send me some free goodies to ease the suffering I went through. Talk about cool! Now I know first hand why my local dealer maintains Fender is the best guitar company out there today. I felt a great amount of respect to have someone stop and take the time to return my correspondence over the telephone rather than sending a bland impersonal generic reply via email. To receive the attention of such a large corporation as Fender was a breath of fresh air.

It was a refreshing experience to learn there are still a few American companies who care about their customers concerns. I have since got my Jazzmaster pickup installed and it is as good as new!
    Last edited by tremoloman; July 19th, 2006 at 01:14 PM.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I wanna know what were the free goodies.

Post Thanks / Like

A little bit of customer service goes a long way. It's a shame that more companies don't understand this.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what goodies I was sent Kerc, but I will let you know once they come in. I was really in shock to see they truly cared about my situation. Fender people are good people!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

now the goodies will take 6 months to arrive, I can see that..!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    now the goodies will take 6 months to arrive, I can see that..!
    OMG that is too funny! Now if that happened I'd have to change my comments!

Post Thanks / Like

Even worse...they'll probably be the wrong goodies! ROFLMAO

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I got my goodies! Here's what they sent me:

Fender 60th Anniversary T-Shirt ($17.99)

Fender 60th Anniversary Guitar Strap ($39.99 value)

Fender 60th Anniversary Cap ($16.99)

I'm very impressed and happier than ever to be a Fender fanatic!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey buddy can I have the cap huh huh huh?!

Post Thanks / Like

Screw the cap--gimme one of those snazzy straps! Cool goods, Trem!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice strap T-man!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009