Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
China Guitar Factory Tour
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China Guitar Factory Tour

Post Thanks / Like

Default China Guitar Factory Tour

Well , this is where some of our preferred axes are and will be made ,chinese manufactures oubviously make fake guitar but
    now many well known guitar cie employ them as many others around the world cause they re hard worker for cheap salary..

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

FREE TIBET!

I have one Chinese guitar that is pretty cool.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. How much do you think the workers are getting paid per hour?

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know about China but in South America they might make 1.00 or more per hr and that's not in the big cities.Sumi Did you guys know that about 75% of the world lives on about a 1.00 per DAY!!
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading some time ago that the average paperboy in the U.S. makes more than the average working male elsewhere in the world (that's even figuring in western Europe!). There is also a significant difference in cost of living. Quite often people will look at wages in California and immediately assume that they must be the same elsewhere in the world. That's not even true in the U.S. much less the world.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

This is why many in California are trying to make the cost electric around the US the same as they pay, because they are so poor at managing and over populated they want the rest the nation to pay for it.

As for it being a guitar made in Korea, I don't have a problem with it. I think that it could happen in the US if someone really wanted to build a quality guitar for less it can be done. I just wish that a guitar factory could locate near my small town, we have lots of maple and pine going to waste.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 guitars that were made in China and a Japanese transistor radio!I like the shape of one othe necks better that my strat put you can tell the wood is cheap.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Interesting. How much do you think the workers are getting paid per hour?
    Not really the right question to ask. A better question is, how much do they pay the workers in relation to the average wages in the area?

I was involved in setting up a factory (not guitars) near Quangzhou. Salaries were pitiful by US standards, couple of dollars a day.. But the workers got health care, food, they had a dormitory type living area, worked 5 1/2 days a week. When the factory opened people lined up, literally for miles to get these jobs.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

The counterfeit ones are made right around the corner from the real ones. Same workers probably work days at Gibson and nights at the counterfeit Gibson place or whatever counterfeit guitar they are making.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Love the Blues? bluesrepublic.org

Post Thanks / Like

We might think of it as slave labor but I'll bet they think of it as a job and a way to feed the family. Unless you have some idea of their cost of living compared to their income then you can't really say it's slavery. They might be living like kings in their country.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    We might think of it as slave labor but I'll bet they think of it as a job and a way to feed the family. Unless you have some idea of their cost of living compared to their income then you can't really say it's slavery. They might be living like kings in their country.
    Exactly!!! This is a complicated, issue. Saying a couple of dolllars a day = slave labor is an oversimplification. The workers in the factory I talked about, not only were thrilled to have the jobs, but were able to send money back home. Opening the factory was an enormous lift to the local community.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was just going to say the same thing. It's all relative.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Living, maybe, but like kings....? It's pretty clear that the standard of living is pretty low for most people in China (tho rising slowly over time). Kids ditch school to go to work and help the family - typical industrial revolution scenario. And typical industrial (Nike) response, "Hey, if it weren't for us they'd be starving." The real base question to try to answer honestly is, when is it a helping hand and when is it exploitation.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

In south China, where most guitars made for the western market are from, minimum wage is around $100 per month. The minimum wage is set by region so some are much lower. Alot of assembly workers make minimum. Generally the higher the living costs are in an area, the higher the minimum to offset these costs. To put things in perspective, One can eat quite well in a cheap restaurant for dollar or two and at home of course, much cheaper. As Evenkeel mentioned, salaries are sometimes supplemented by free (or cheap) housing, food etc.

In many ways, China is more pure capitalism than the USA. I do not believe that Chinese workers are "slave labor". China is still experiencing many pains of an emerging economy but through hard work and collective will, the standard of living is rising for many.

Post Thanks / Like

After the 2e war japanese made a big hit by copying all kind of occidental stuff and became a mondial economic force as we know .
    Short while ago Chinese were still living in there ancesters way and traditions so now since the Olympics they started a comeback out of the 18th century..
    They will become a force,good news or not for us, and hopefully everyone out there will benefit from this economic boom, all this in respect for human rights ..

But still we ll see article like this one for a good while ...
    http://www.fakenot.com/musical-instr...on-guitar.html
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blazes
    But still we ll see article like this one for a good while ...
    http://www.fakenot.com/musical-instr...on-guitar.html
    Funny, most of their checklist for discovering fakes would only be discovered after you already paid for the guitar and had it delivered. But the surest way to tell it's a fake is to pick it up and play it. Frankly, if it's as good as the real thing, I guess you got your money's worth (or not ).

I recently saw a Chinese made "MIM" strat in a Beijing shop. If you're going to knock off a Fender, why not American?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    I recently saw a Chinese made "MIM" strat in a Beijing shop. If you're going to knock off a Fender, why not American?
    Because people aren't going to look quite so hard at a Mexi and it's easier to pass off a fake. Epiphones are among the most common fakes for this reason.

I've played good Chinese guitars and bad American guitars (70s Fenders with shifty 3 bolt necks, anybody?). Country of origin is no indicator of quality in itself, less so when you consider price. As for exploitation, well that's the basis of all capital/labour relationships. Oo-er, a bit of politics
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

"among the most common fakes "

This is what is bothering me most about buying a guitar on EBAY right now. I have been watching several and have had bad feeling about a few of them. It's hard to figure out who to trust on EBAY and I see so many that are SOLD AS IS-NO RETURNS.
    If someone sells you a fake and you don't readily see it and have a chance to return it, then do you sell it ? I would have to just dump it a flea market . I'm having a real hard time making a decision on my next purchase because I found today that even the G&L ASAT Tribute is built across the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast