Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Gibson blowout at Sweetwater

Thread: Gibson blowout at Sweetwater

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson blowout at Sweetwater

While they last..........
    (I wonder why black paint costs $100 more?)

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...ng+V+&go=Go%21
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why they aren't free. Maybe they throw in the bow for free.

Personal taste comment.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy

Maybe it s the Ebony paint that is so expensive

I think the reverse model is ugly, could it be strange & hard to play..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I wonder why they aren't free. Maybe they throw in the bow for free.

Personal taste comment.
    Starting this thread was perhaps a tiny bit sarcastic of me..............Gibson's design team can dream it up, they can build it, and then the stores can have a blowout sale to try and unload them.
    And the crazy thing is, I'll sit here and poke fun and in twenty years they'll probably be worth a million dollars!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

And the crazy thing is, I'll sit here and poke fun and in twenty years they'll probably be worth a million dollars!
    Save me a chair, I'm sitting with you. We can tell people about the opportunities that got by us. That, or our kids can tell the story.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Save me a chair, I'm sitting with you. We can tell people about the opportunities that got by us. That, or our kids can tell the story.

"They used to sit out there talking about some upside down looking guitars they should've bought, and some cheap ones they bought and sold, but should've kept. Who knew? Oi!"
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Note the single all purpose knob! " Be carefull with that guitar Jimmy you could put any eye out. "
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Still this one looks better ....

--Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blazes
    Still this one looks better ....
    Did someone at Gibson send you here to torment me, or is this a Canadian plot being carried out by you and ZMAN?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Blazes wants you to have your 335, it seems, Strum.
    That's a devoted fretter friend for you!:
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

That Gibson is the EVIL tail of the Devil and people realize that soon as they see it. That has to be the UGLY GUITAR OF THE YEAR.

Just Strum you really should take a closer look at that ES335, they sound great.

Post Thanks / Like

Did someone at Gibson send you here to torment me, or is this a Canadian plot being carried out by you and ZMAN?
    Yeah! Me & Z had been workin on this plot for months , next one to conquer the Universe..

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

The REAL flying V in action with the Master
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V48_CvbHP8
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh but doesn't THAT Goldie kill and eat it?

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am a big fan of Gary Moore as well. Albert King's style influenced so many guitarists, including Gary and SRV.
    From Wikipedia:
    "King influenced many later blues guitarists including Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Mick Taylor, Warren Haynes, Mike Bloomfield, Gary Moore, Joe Walsh (The James Gang guitarist spoke at King's funeral), and especially Stevie Ray Vaughan, who also covered many of King's songs. He also had a profound impact on contemporaries Albert Collins and Otis Rush. Clapton has said that his work on the 1967 Cream hit "Strange Brew" and throughout the album Disraeli Gears was inspired by King."
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like