Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fretters international meetup - warren and thearabianmage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fretters international meetup - warren and thearabianmage

Post Thanks / Like

Default fretters international meetup - warren and thearabianmage

so joe has been on tour with a band over here in the states and they played a show in orlando. I wasn't able to make the show but did meet up with joe and the band for dinner while he was in town.

we had a great visit....joe is a really nice guy (so nice that i tried really hard not to kid him about his florida sunburn!)

after dinner we went out to their rv where i was introduced to "bubba"....joe's custom guitar that he has posted here on the fret. I am the first fretter to see and play bubba in person!

glad we could meet up joe and next time maybe we can hang out longer!

here are some pics (click for larger pics) of me, joe, bubba and my new london girlfriend (actually she is traveling with the band and handles their merchandising)! :

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Warren,

That is really a great meeting you guys had. You and Joe look related, you should have gotten him some green plaid shorts to clash with his pink skin. Looks as if the merchandising is in good hands.

Cool pics.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

That's really cool, guys! Great you could meet up. Thanks for the pics. Joe really was burnt, wasn't he?
    Warren, what did Joe catch you trying to stuff in your pocket? I see he's laughing about it.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, another Fretter Rende-vous!

Hope we get more Fretter hookups - it's really neat, innit?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Cool !!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome deal guys. I'm just glad that no one got used for a human sacrifice or something (I know how rock and roll is). I'm glad you got to hook up. It's fun.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool meeting there ..Nice sunburn ,London people not use to sun ..

Too bad i was in the juice when Boss Rob came to Quebec City last summer..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Very Cool! Nice tan rojo Joe!Sumi (I get burnt just lookin' at the sun)
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Way cool! I love it when fretters meet up. Thanks for sharing pics!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Looks as if the merchandising is in good hands.
    true dat.... :
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Warren, what did Joe catch you trying to stuff in your pocket? I see he's laughing about it.
    that was a battery powered amplifier we plugged into bubba....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hope we get more Fretter hookups - it's really neat, innit?
    it is neat....joe is the 4th fretter i have met....all the meetups have been a lot of fun! : hope to meet more in the future!

Post Thanks / Like

Joe - I know that you were going for a color match with Bubba - but in the future, WEAR SOME SUNSCREEN!
    Glad you guys had fun and could meet - Warren, do you have the record with 4 meet-ups?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Warren, I would say something about Joe looking like your son and the Merch Girl looking more like HIS girlfriend. But, even us old farts think we can still hang with the young studs when it comes to a babe. Toby Keith said it best, "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was..."

'Course, she does look mighty fine...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Toby Keith said it best, "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was..."
    Something like "Now it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night?" or "I'm getting to the age where being good in bed means I don't hog the doona"

None of which apply to my sprightly 38-edness of course

Back on topic though. ..

Wow. Joe, you look almost EXACTLY like another Aussie guitar player I know.

I wish I had a better shot of his face. You guys could be brothers haha.

Keep the meets ups coming peeps! It's great to put faces to names and stuff like that

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meet-ups

Cool pics Warren..........however, you commited a serious faux pas that I am shocked that Strum didn't mention......dude, you don't EVER have the git-fiddle blocking "the scenery" (aka, the merchandising girl). :

Sheesh!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    Cool pics Warren..........however, you commited a serious faux pas that I am shocked that Strum didn't mention......dude, you don't EVER have the git-fiddle blocking "the scenery" (aka, the merchandising girl). :

Sheesh!!
    Hahahahahaha. Perhaps that is slightly offset by the fact that she -is- wearing matching glasses?

Post Thanks / Like

That's kind of cool to travel to another country and have a friend there to greet you. :
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally awesome that you guys met!

@Mage:
    Next time I'll be in London I hope we get together for a beer or two :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast