Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Blues with Brains DvD review..

Post Thanks / Like

Default A tune from my CD

Hey guys,

A little off the topic but......
    Here's a tune from my latest CD w/Art Bernstein on drums, "Circle 7" I got Art's drum track first and off I went.
    Tele/ DiMarzio Area T's/ Brown Note D'Lite 22 ODS/ Hermida 1x12 Ported Cab w/G12-65 for OD and the tele into a BN Brownfox 18/ BN 1x12 cab/w G12-65 for the clean parts. Delay/verb post. Synth, synth bass
    A little departure from the blues stuff.
    I liked the tones on this cut, what do you think?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...songID=7891523

Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

I ordered the Blues with Brains download (nice option if you want it right away).

I watched the whole thing when I first got it. And I really liked it.
    This is the perfect DVD if you're already comfortable with the Blues but you're looking for a way to take it to the next level. The nice thing about this is that Chuck starts with the basic pentatonic blues scales that you already know and then shows you how to reapply them and extend them by changing a few notes or re-using minor pentatonics in new ways.

He also covers some very useful examples of the whole-half scale for taking your licks outside and creating some cool tension over dominant chords.

The best part of the DVD though is just to watch Chuck demonstrate these concepts over the jam tracks. He is a world-class player with fantastic tone and phrasing. It's like getting a private lesson with Larry Carlton or Robben Ford.

Highly reccomended if you are wanting to take your blues playing to the next level, or if you just want to steal some licks from Chuck :-)

I'm told that Chuck will be following up the Blues with Brains project with some other projects that go into some more advanced improvisation topics. I can't wait for those.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer
    Hi Everyone,

I ordered the Blues with Brains download (nice option if you want it right away).

I watched the whole thing when I first got it. And I really liked it.
    This is the perfect DVD if you're already comfortable with the Blues but you're looking for a way to take it to the next level. The nice thing about this is that Chuck starts with the basic pentatonic blues scales that you already know and then shows you how to reapply them and extend them by changing a few notes or re-using minor pentatonics in new ways.

He also covers some very useful examples of the whole-half scale for taking your licks outside and creating some cool tension over dominant chords.

The best part of the DVD though is just to watch Chuck demonstrate these concepts over the jam tracks. He is a world-class player with fantastic tone and phrasing. It's like getting a private lesson with Larry Carlton or Robben Ford.

Highly reccomended if you are wanting to take your blues playing to the next level, or if you just want to steal some licks from Chuck :-)

I'm told that Chuck will be following up the Blues with Brains project with some other projects that go into some more advanced improvisation topics. I can't wait for those.

-- Jim
    Thanks so much for the good review Jim, I really appreciate it.

Here's a link for more info and reviews.

http://www.chuckdaloiamusic.com/id2.html

And yes, I'm going to be following up with more lessons on a variety of topics.

Thanks again Jim,

Chuck
    I'll get started in Sept and hopefully have Pt II by Oct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12