Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics * - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics *

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Justaguyin_nc,

Those little brackets look just like one side of a master link for a drive chain. A bicycle shop or supplier may have tons of them cheap. Just a thought.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

With a chain tool(breaker) you could make as many as youd like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    With a chain tool(breaker) you could make as many as youd like.

Sounds like a good idea to recycle my next bike chain! A little chain cleaner and my chain breaker and you are there! I plan to incorporate that idea into Robert's Samsonite suitcase idea. This is great! Also, I will likely go no fabric and just black paint too, for easy cleaning. Just stick the shop vac hose in there and suck up whatever dust/peanut shells, bottle caps, or whatever ended up in there. Great idea! Can't believe the guy is selling bike chain links on ebay though! LOL!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    .....Can't believe the guy is selling bike chain links on ebay though! LOL!
    What's funny is that there will be people that will buy them. How would you secure screws to a Samsonite case?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    What's funny is that there will be people that will buy them. How would you secure screws to a Samsonite case?
    I will cut a board (ply) to fit like you did, then find some foam to put under the board just for cushioning and over the top of the pedals to close over the top of them when I close it up. I am going to review how Robert set up his, but from memory, that should work.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I will cut a board (ply) to fit like you did, then find some foam to put under the board just for cushioning and over the top of the pedals to close over the top of them when I close it up. I am going to review how Robert set up his, but from memory, that should work.
    Oh I gotcha. I thought you might be screwing directly into the Samsonite sorry.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got started on it at least.. already to small..lol

Used all screws ... figured nails would eventually fall out.

Have room on the right for a volume and wah-wah pedal.

Did the same as you did tone and stripped the power off the old board and screwed it to the upper level..

Still have to find corners and glue on the material..

Looks like I need a bunch of longer pedal patch chords also..
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Well, I got started on it at least.. already to small..lol

Used all screws ... figured nails would eventually fall out.

Have room on the right for a volume and wah-wah pedal.

Did the same as you did tone and stripped the power off the old board and screwed it to the upper level..

Still have to find corners and glue on the material..

Looks like I need a bunch of longer pedal patch chords also..
    Better stash that Electric Mistress...it's on the minds of a few people I know here.

Ah I see you made yours in tiers. Cool. Do you think you'd be using all your pedals at once or will you swap out occasionally?

The biggest reason I used flexible rubber bands to hold my pedals was that I could place them very close to each other and still be able to pull them off the board with my hands while I connected or disconnected them. If you'll notice my plug ends are literally on top of each other or side by side with about an 1/8th to 1/4 inch gap between them. I used to have them farther apart when they were secured to the old board with screws from the bottom because you can't connect/disconnect them if they're too close etc. Someone here gave me the idea about the bands and I wanted my pedals closer together so I could fit more on a fixed sized board. What are the dimensions of the board?

Post Thanks / Like

Better stash that Electric Mistress...it's on the minds of a few people I know here.
    Where'd ya think I got the idea from, Tone?!?

Speaking of which....geez, that Mistress is a BIG GIRL, ain't she? Didn't realize they were quite that large. Just seeing isolated photos can be deceiving--Justa's "group shot" gives it perspective!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Where'd ya think I got the idea from, Tone?!?

Speaking of which....geez, that Mistress is a BIG GIRL, ain't she? Didn't realize they were quite that large. Just seeing isolated photos can be deceiving--Justa's "group shot" gives it perspective!
    heh I foresee in the near future a unit of similar design but smaller dimensions being created out of the lah-bora-tory of a certain mad scientist in uppah NY somewhere......*lightning flashes and thunder claps on cue*

EH units are pretty large yeah. 2 will take up an entire pedal board!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I see you made yours in tiers. Cool. Do you think you'd be using all your pedals at once or will you swap out occasionally?
    Yeah the Mistress is quite large.. and safe.. Man, I just can't turn it off anymore.. I really like all the different sounds.. from almost transparent to over the top..combined with a delay/echo it just makes my sound feel much fuller and rich..well..to me anyways..
    She slides up into that opening behind it..just don't have long enough patch chord to do it yet.. The other hole holds a preamp for a mic..
    Size: 36x12 bottom and 20x6 top...

I doubt very much I will use all the pedals.. in fact some are being sold.. ofcourse a few more are comming..

I think I am going to end up with 7 pedals and a tuner.. speaking of which.. there is nothing wrong with putting a tuner as your last pedal is there? Been seeing some that do this.. I as a rookie always thought it had to go first..

Post Thanks / Like

Something I just thought about is that they will probably rust. Not a lot but they might end up staining your pedals finish. It might be a good idea to ask the guy on ebay if his are rust proof. It seems like there are other brackets out there like this though. A local nuts and bolts company could probably come up with something similar in stainless steel that might still be cheap.
    You could also paint them first and they would probably last quite a long time if they were not moved allot.

Just a thought.

M29
    Last edited by M29; June 19th, 2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added text.

Post Thanks / Like

My TU-2 pedal is 2nd in line after the Cry Baby only cause I am superstitious and have to have the wah first. I daisy chain off the TU-2 power output right to left but I guess you could run a tuner at the end...even if it was powered or not. When the TU-2 is switched nothing comes out to the amp and I'm assuming every tuner pedal works this way. I suppose it doesn't matter where it's at in relation to the other pedals?

Only someone with your expertise M29 would have thought about the rust from the chain links. +1

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks tone,

This thread is excellent I am going to start building a board soon and this will help a great deal. What a great website this is.

Thanks all.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Well , I took half the night getting the material stuck on the board.. used 3m 77 spray.. put the material on everything! think I got high from the smell.. napped.. then finished..
    I like how it turned out.

Lowes and HomeDepot haven't a clue when it comes to those corners Elvad has on his, I am going to try a few regular hardware stores today, then the internet! Those surely make a board look good!!

Neither had a clue to any type washer dogbone style like those sold on ebay, and if you got a bike master link, well thats a few bucks a piece. After looking around, that guy on ebay don't sound to bad at $20.00 for a bunch of'em... again, will check regular hardware stores for these too.

When you look on ebay and online stores, the prices for boards seems so expensive for what you get, but by time you start putting things together and your time spent doing it.. they probably all are worth it.
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin' board there, Justa, but it could use some YELLOW!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Nice lookin' board there, Justa, but it could use some YELLOW!
    lol, I tried once...but missed the intro price..

But there probably will be some yellow there before its over..

sooooo many pedals...so little funds...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe the guy is selling bike chain links on ebay though! LOL!
    Looks like more than just bicycle chains, looks like several different types of chain links.

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Something I just thought about is that they will probably rust. Not a lot but they might end up staining your pedals finish. It might be a good idea to ask the guy on ebay if his are rust proof.
    If you are using a new chain, it shouldnt rust...most chains come with a coating to prevent rust, like a gun metal type finish and nicer quality chains will come nickel plated. Id only worry bout rust if you sweat like a heavy rain...but Id worry more about the pedals if that was the case.

PS, when you buy a new bicycle chain, its usually necisarry to cut it down to length to fit...and you usually have a 3" piece left over...perfect for this...you might even talk a bike shop into giving you these scraps for nothin. OR upgrade your kids bike for less than $20 and save the pieces...your kid will be stoaked and your spouse will be none the wiser.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Justa that looks sharp. Did good buddy.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast