Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics * - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics *

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is what happens when you DIY....

I don't use a board, cuz I just play in my back room. But I seriously lost control of this pedal chain at some point about a year ago. Oh, yeah--there's 16 more unused pedals sitting just off camera to the right.... :

FWIW, here's how it's set up:

From the guitar, I go into that little blue-gray A/B switch at lower right, which splits to either the main pedal chain or into that dark gray Behringer tuner tucked in between pedals on the left.

The main signal chain then runs into a BYOC Triboost and ESV Fuzz (neither of which like to be behind a buffered pedal), and then into the white Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor. The noise reduction loop of the NS-2 has almost all of my "gain boxes", which is that entire front row from the NS-2 down to the orange phaser, and around the corner to the Rabid Rodent (modified Rat clone) and Mega-Muff (modified EH Big Muff). I've also got my wah, an envelope filter (autowah), and that orange phaser pedal in the loop, too, because I like having gain pedals before and after them, for different sounds. The output of the Muff clone runs around the back of the amps and into the "return" jack of the NS-2.

From there, the signal goes through the Radial Tonebone Classic (I wanted one gain box after the NS-2 loop, and that's a very quiet pedal) and on through my modulation/time-shift effects--tremolo, chorus, flanger, analog delay and finally a Digitech DigiVerb reverb pedal. Into the amps from there....
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; August 4th, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, thats an impressive setup considering you only play in your back room. gotta get up on stage and make some noise!

i suppose most of your setup is made up of your own builds, i wish i had the time/concentration/knowledge to build those BYOC kit things, but they dont seem to be available britside anyhow
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    i suppose most of your setup is made up of your own builds....
    Yup, mostly. 19 pedals there (not counting the little blue-gray AB switch at the bottom right)--12 are mine and 7 are commercial pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    i wish i had the time/concentration/knowledge to build those BYOC kit things, but they dont seem to be available britside anyhow
    Au contraire, mon ami!

http://www.vibe-o-tronic.co.uk/produ...brand=1&type=1

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Voodoo, how hard would it be to create a boost pedal out of my metal nintendo mints container? It's the size of an original nintendo controller. Call it a "1up" or something.... Is that attainable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rylanmartin
    Voodoo, how hard would it be to create a boost pedal out of my metal nintendo mints container? It's the size of an original nintendo controller. Call it a "1up" or something.... Is that attainable?
    Prolly not too hard at all. Can you give me the exact measurements of the Nintendo enclosure? Depth tends to be the controlling factor, since you need to be able to get I/O jacks in there.

What kind of boost did you have in mind, Rylan? Rangemaster-style treble boost? LPB clone? Something like Jack Orman's Mini or MOSFET boosters? Maybe a ZVex SHO clone? They're all pretty small circuits and should fit in there fine....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

i bet a clone of the EHX LPB-1 would fit easily in the nintendo box, the nano-pedal cases (nano muff, LPB, nano metal muff) are tiny anyhow.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

ive been thinking about adding moreto my pedalboard now ive got the board space, im not too fond of the digital wah, so im gonna get an analogue wah pedal at some point (probably a V847a) and maybe a more br00talz distortion for metal and stuff, line6's distortion models are noisy, the floor podwould simply become my reverb, phase,flange, chorus, delay and echo pedal.

would i be plagued by idiot's remorse if iwas to setup like this?

guitar-> analogue wah pedal -> brootals distortion -> multi FX processor -> boss distortion-> EQ -> amp

?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Updated pic showing the whole family (except the Korg multifx which is at work and the Peavey footswitch for channel selection and verb). The Chorus Ensemble CE-5 is the one you can't read due to reflection.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; September 2nd, 2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update of my board

My old board in a Warwick Rockcase got to small so I had to build a new one:

Its dimensions are 80*40 cm.

Boss TU2
    HB01 WahWah
    DIY Linear Power Bosster LPB-1
    Digitech Bad Monkey
    DIY Box of Rock Clone
    HB OD-100
    Boss DS-1
    Marshall Guv'nor Plus
    Artec Soloist Distortion
    EHX Small Clone
    HB DD-2
    Boss DD-7 (with DIY TapTempo)

Half of them are screwed down to the board, the other half has got Velcro underneath.
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; September 20th, 2009 at 11:55 AM.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

I'm strictly a bedroom player these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of settled on this for now. The pedal on the amp is an Ibanez 60s Fuzz I'm thinking of using instead of the "Marshall" channel on the amp. The footswitch is for channel switching.

Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is my current 'sized down' setup.

First the wah, then tuner, then a pan pedal for choosing between rather clean and rather driven inputs 2 and 3 on the amp.

On the clean side I have a compressor (ED-1) and on the dirty side I have the Jackhammer OD (JH-1).

I had to put the OD after the pan pedal because I just think that the sound of the OD is only right when it goes directly to the amp...if it sees just another silicon chip the sound is quite different indeed. And now that I have it set up like this I can keep the OD and comp on all the time, all I need is rock the pan pedal to change between sounds. Sweet! I hate doing the pedal dance.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty simple - Boss ME-50 Fx with Boss RC-50 Looper.....

This pic was when I first bought the case a few weeks back, have since re-routed things and made it look a bit neater (sorry for poor pic qual)

Post Thanks / Like

" Over the Pond Guy " M69 rings & PAF pickups @ OverthePondGuy@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

I get a kick outta this ol' Boss GT6. Tons of stuff to
    roll thru. I did pick up a Barber LTD about 2 weeks
    ago. Really cool disto/gain... Have an older Digitech
    GSP-21 legend that's alot of fun too..?

Post Thanks / Like

Default my effects Pedalboard *Pics*

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...Picture003.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...Picture006.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...Picture009.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...Picture010.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...Picture011.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...Picture012.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...Picture013.jpg

total cost + labor = next to nothing!!!!

the tube screamer has the 17 point mod. I'm also thinking of stripping the paint off of the thing and buffing it out to a high gloss shine. the old Wah also has a few mods done to it, mostly changed out a few resistors. I think what really brought this thing to life was throwing in a 100k resistor, just like the old clyde wah's.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...bosspedal2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...bosspedal2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...E/DSC01601.jpg
    Last edited by tony grazioso; January 9th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's great! I wonder...maybe it'd be possible to use plastic ties for attaching pedals. That'd be firm if you can find a way to attach them.

How rigid is that frame? Doesn't it buckle when you press the wah on etc? I have this problem that I use a lot of pan pedal and wah and hopping on them sometimes moves/jerks the whole board so that cable contacts break for a while causing breaks in signal...even though it's pretty sturdy wood.
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    That's great! I wonder...maybe it'd be possible to use plastic ties for attaching pedals. That'd be firm if you can find a way to attach them.

How rigid is that frame? Doesn't it buckle when you press the wah on etc? I have this problem that I use a lot of pan pedal and wah and hopping on them sometimes moves/jerks the whole board so that cable contacts break for a while causing breaks in signal...even though it's pretty sturdy wood.

Hi Deeaa, the frame is pretty rigid. i had to adjust the switch of the wah so i dont have to stomp on the thing to turn it on and off. if you check out pics 11-13 i show how i attach the pedals to the frame (the frame, which is shelving from home depot)..if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tony grazioso
    Hi Deeaa, the frame is pretty rigid. i had to adjust the switch of the wah so i dont have to stomp on the thing to turn it on and off. if you check out pics 11-13 i show how i attach the pedals to the frame (the frame, which is shelving from home depot)..if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
    Yeah I saw the metal plate system..clever but I dunno how'd I make those or get the wide velcro...would get pretty expensive methinks. How do you get the metal plates with the threaded bolt sticking out the middle? Are they all sized as pedals? Mine are all different size from large round ones to long wah etc.

I've used bicycle chain loops...you know, remove the back plate, put the screws back and a chain loop between so it sticks out and you get these 'ears' to screw the pedals down with. It's sturdy, but hard to change pedals around.
    Dee

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast