Another pedal board trick:

I have used plumbing strap and/or bailing wire (mechanics wire) to hold pedals to the board.

For this example we are using a wah pedal and the plumbers strap. For Boss and some other pedals you'll need the wire. Boss pedals and other small pedals will only use 1 screw on each side.

Example

You've got a piece of wood (the board) - take a short wood or drywall screw and put it through a hole in the plumbers strap. Then with your pedal located where you want it screw the screw most of the way into the board at the left rear corner of the wah pedal.

Next take the strap across the back of the pedal (under the movable part) and bend it to contour to the wah pedal and over to the board on the right back corner of the wah pedal. Insert another screw through the strap and tighten into the plank. This should hold the rear of the pedal in place. Repeat the procedure for the front of the pedal.

For pedals that don't have the room for plumbers strap use the wire. In this case screw the first screw partially into the board - then wrap a couple of turns around the screw with the wire. Pull the wire across the pedal over to where your next screw will go. Partially screw the 2nd screw into the wood then wrap a turn or two of wire around it. Tighten both screws.

If you do this right you can vary the strap tension on the pedal by how far you screw in the screws.

The pedals don't come off unless you remove the screws. In the case of the wah you only have to remove 2 right or 2 left strap screws to remove the wah to change the battery.

Using this method you don't have to glue anything to the bottom of your pedal. If you want to keep the pedals from getting scratched where they contact the wire then slide a length of hollow plastic tubing over the wire before screwing it down.

It may not look extremely pretty (I spray painted my strap black), but I did this on my road pedal board and they stayed put for years. Obviously this wont work with plastic pedal boards, but if you are making your own with wood it works well enough.