Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics * - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics *

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Looks like more than just bicycle chains, looks like several different types of chain links.

If you are using a new chain, it shouldnt rust...most chains come with a coating to prevent rust, like a gun metal type finish and nicer quality chains will come nickel plated. Id only worry bout rust if you sweat like a heavy rain...but Id worry more about the pedals if that was the case.

PS, when you buy a new bicycle chain, its usually necisarry to cut it down to length to fit...and you usually have a 3" piece left over...perfect for this...you might even talk a bike shop into giving you these scraps for nothin. OR upgrade your kids bike for less than $20 and save the pieces...your kid will be stoaked and your spouse will be none the wiser.
    I change out my chain once or twice a season on my MTB. I am sure I could get a supply of the links from the cutting down process. I am now a bit torn about whether I want to screw them down like that, because it is harder to move them around. Also, the connnectors I have probably don't work well with that sort of connection. I may do it to my wah, and hold some of the others down with some sort of bungie or rubber bands like Tone does. Tone, where are you getting you bands and how are you getting the rubber bands through the board? I can't really get an idea of what they look like from your pics.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I change out my chain once or twice a season on my MTB. I am sure I could get a supply of the links from the cutting down process. I am now a bit torn about whether I want to screw them down like that, because it is harder to move them around. Also, the connnectors I have probably don't work well with that sort of connection. I may do it to my wah, and hold some of the others down with some sort of bungie or rubber bands like Tone does. Tone, where are you getting you bands and how are you getting the rubber bands through the board? I can't really get an idea of what they look like from your pics.

Ouchless hair bands hold the pedals on the board by attaching to eyelet hooks on either side of each pedal...here is the process.

I got a package of small eyelet hooks like this from Walmart.

Attachment 1160

Then what I did was pry them open just enough to get ouchless rubber bands through them. These are the kind I use. I tried to match the colors of the bands to the pedals but it really doesn't matter.

Attachment 1161

I figured out where I wanted my pedals by connecting the cables to them and setting them side by side. This way I knew exactly how close I could get to each pedal while the cables were connected. Once the pedals were aligned on the board I took a pencil and marked a spot on the board where I could screw in the eyelet hooks on either side of each pedal. I took the pedals off and hand screwed in the eyelet hooks on each mark. I'd do one pedal at a time. When I put the hooks on either side of a pedal location I put the pedal on board and ran the ouchless bands to the hook and pulled them over the pedal. That's it. They stay on really well even when you flip the board upside down and when you want to disconnect the pedals you just pull them from the board and pull the cables. Easy and they're all close together which saves a BUNCH of room on your board. Now granted the bands will cover some of your effects pedal nomenclature on the settings but I already know what the knobs do so it's no biggie. The Cry Baby was attached a little differently in that I ran the bands between the gas pedal and the housing as you obviously can't run them over the top of the wah pedal. Once the pedals are on the board in place and the bands are on you don't even notice the eyelet hooks at all.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Ouchless hair bands hold the pedals on the board by attaching to eyelet hooks on either side of each pedal...
    Darn good Idea tone... Wal-Mart here I come!!

Hey, not that I do not believe it... could you make a little AVI movie of you flipping the board.. just for testing purpose?

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Darn good Idea tone...

Hey, not that I do not believe it... could you make a little AVI movie of you flipping the board.. just for testing purpose?

Good idea. I'll have my daughter video me doing that just for you.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

ok, this sounds silly and is probably known by all you pros out there.
    But for this beginner... it surely helps...

leaning your pedal board.. well, I added a piece to the back of my board to help it tilt my way a bit.. worked great but would be nice if it leaned even more towards me.

I was looking thru some pictures of different pro players setups, there right in front of me on a few live performances, it finally caught my eye...

These guys use flat boards so they can attach their case tops to them and be on their way.. so how do they lean them ?

They do it off their MIC Stand... duh!!!!

Placing two of the three legs towards the pedalboard, they just slide the back of the board over it.. tilting/leaning the board and securing the stand at the same time... I know..simple..stupid.. and overlooked by me.. maybe others

Ok, go ahead and say I already knew that... then tell us newbies..why you didn't let us know...

This works great and gives a perfect tilt to the board..

Oh the pedals on the floor...except the looper
    all up on ebay for sale $8.00 each for shipping
    1 day left..
    Current Prices:
    Fab Metal -$7.00 no bid
    Behringer Acoustic - $10.00 no bid
    Behringer Ultra Flanger -$ 9.00 no bid
    Bad Monkey - $26.00 3 bids
    Digitech DigiVerb - $30.00 no bid
    Fish & Chips Not listed Yet starting $7.00
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc

.....Oh the pedals on the floor...except the looper
    all up on ebay for sale $8.00 each for shipping
    1 day left..
    Current Prices:
    Fab Metal -$7.00 no bid
    Behringer Acoustic - $10.00 no bid
    Behringer Ultra Flanger -$ 9.00 no bid
    Bad Monkey - $26.00 3 bids
    Digitech DigiVerb - $30.00 no bid
    Fish & Chips Not listed Yet starting $7.00
    *looks closely for a Chicken Salad pedal*....dang no luck.

Your pedal board came out all sick! It's as big as Joe Walsh's! Good job on that and your pedals look ominous in that room.

Post Thanks / Like

My turn!

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul, Fender Hwy 1 Telecaster, Ibanez SZ520QM with Dimarzio pups, Fullerton Strat, Fender Acoustic/Electric

Amp: Epiphone Valve Standard

Pedals:Boss TU-2, Boss DD-20, Boss RC-20XL, Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Multi Chorus, Digitech Digidelay, Digitech Digiverb, Ibanez Turbo Tubescreamer, Ibanez TL-5 Tremolo, Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips, EHX LPB-1, Snarling Dogs Blues Bawls Wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

als_lespaul, that is a pretty big board you got there. What is the silver pedal with a red switch?

We need more pedal board pics, c'mon guys!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Which reminds me I'm selling all my pedals due to the purchase of my Blues Jr. It's an overdrive pedal with a 15watts of speaker attached to it who needs pedals!

Post Thanks / Like

<---looking for a bad monkey, screamin blues, and a wah

Oh and when I get around to building my board....man are their some great ones in here....along with some killer photos of pedals and settings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Which reminds me I'm selling all my pedals due to the purchase of my Blues Jr. It's an overdrive pedal with a 15watts of speaker attached to it who needs pedals!
    DIBS ON YOUR ZYS! ::
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    What is the silver pedal with a red switch?
    Oh, that's the "easy" pedal, a lot like the "easy button" they advertise for Staples. One stomp on that and you sound like Hendrix, Page, EVH and SRV all rolled into one, but with better chops....

I have the schematic right here for one of those, and will be happy to solder one together for you for a mere $2,500. Taking orders now....

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    DIBS ON YOUR ZYS! ::
    Now, that's the spirit!! But from a couple of the PM's Tone sent me, I think that may be the one pedal he won't give up with the new Blues Junior. I quote:

"....my ZYS now permanently sits on top of my Blues Jr. Looks like a mini altar layed there complete with a heavenly blue aura eminating from it's central source...."

I tell ya, that boy is slingin' the flowery prose the way Nelskie used to do!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Now, that's the spirit!! But from a couple of the PM's Tone sent me, I think that may be the one pedal he won't give up with the new Blues Junior. I quote:

"....my ZYS now permanently sits on top of my Blues Jr. Looks like a mini altar layed there complete with a heavenly blue aura eminating from it's central source...."

I tell ya, that boy is slingin' the flowery prose the way Nelskie used to do!
    *sob* thats too beautiful! I sure miss good old Nelskie...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I recently got a new PedalTrain board and George L's cables for my birthday and my rig sounds 800 times better than even good monster cables let it! i dont have pics up yet though
    "What about making a TACO smoothie?"

2006 Fender Highway One Stratocaster
    2001 Fender Standard Stratocaster, heavily modded with hand wound, custom designed pickups, custom pickguard, phase and kill switches and mid boost (i.e. my baby)
    2005 Schecter C-1 Classic
    2004 Rogue RA 100-D acoustic
    2005 Vox AD-30, modded with Celestion G 10 and custom Birch housing
    Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Boss DD-5 pedal
    Ibanez TS9DX (analog man mod)
    Visual Sound Visual Volume Pedal
    George L's cables
    Pedaltrain pedalboard

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Reviving this thread a bit. Robert is considering a Pedal Train PT-2, and I am considering how I want to build a board. This quote is from Robert's "new toy" thread that I started to hi-jack. Any thoughts, experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    The PT-2 looks really cool. I have been thinking of a "build my own" one like Robert has, and currently just carry the ones I want in an old softside laptop case. I think a large enough laptop case could do me just fine if I found one, for less dough.

Yep, I just looked, you can find soft side laptop cases for cheap on fleabay. If I got one more of those, I could carry all my stompboxes and my wah, looper etc. in two cases and connect them with a short cable. I like that PT-2, but don't want to spend $200 on a case.
    I like the laptop case idea rather than a suitcase because to me it seems nicer to lug around.

Here is an older photo showing the case I am using with a few of my pedals in it. I now have the pedals lined up in the opposite orientation (horizontal in the case instead of vertical), and have the case full of my stompboxes only. I am thinking of a second, similar case for my wah and my looper, and maybe one or two stompboxes. I also now leave the pedals hooked up for transport (I use a 9 spot power source which I leave plugged in, and don't worry about the batteries for short transport), lay coiled cables over the top, and zip it up. The straps that are supposed to hold the laptop seem to hold the pedals pretty well for the short trips I am doing. I don't fly or do any airport travel with this stuff so that is not an issue.

I stick a powerstrip in the rear zippered pouch. It seems to work for me. The case material can get a little dusty on stage, but it seems to brush right off.

open for business

set to travel

I will do a new pic sometime soon to show how it looks now.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here are pics of my current line up, minus my looper and the Korg AX1G multi. I am thinking I can get a similar soft side laptop case and put the wah, the fuzz, and the looper in there, and the regular size stomp boxes in the one you see. That way, I can take both if I want everything, or mix and match pretty easily depending on what I need. Plus, they are then in something for storage. When I am not playing, I disconnect a couple of the cables and slide the case under the dresser you see that serves as business supply storage in my wife's office where I usually play at home.

Closer view of the pedals.

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh Steve, you know you should get a Pedaltrain junior.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sure it would look neater than this right now. I bet I can neaten this up and save the dough for an Agile or Epi LP though. :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast