Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics *
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics *

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show us your pedal boards!

Here's a custom pedal board my father and I built to accomodate performing gigs on a weekly basis. I'm able to setup in about 20 minutes now when it used to take an hour. This was a ton of work but the reward was well worth it!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Like Tremoloman, I was tired of the time it took me to set up all my pedals, so I made my own pedal board with an integrated power strip. Now, instead of hooking up all my pedals individually, I just connect the input and output of the pedal chain and plug in the amp. All the connections between pedals and their power supplies remain connected between sessions. Saves me a ton of time!! As you can see, I have room for expansion, too.

I'm thinking of redoing it, making a version 2. For some reason, the power strip doesn't have the expansion capability I was expecting and the overdrive pedal seems to be stuck. Could it be the wood? I left it unfinished so it would have resonance and breathe. Maybe wrapping the 12V cable around the wood is creating a reverse resonance field, sucking all the tone from my playing.

By the way, nice board Trem. It looks a lot nicer than mine!
    Last edited by blogan; June 29th, 2006 at 12:16 AM.
    Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is mine - I made it out of a suitcase

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Great board, blogan! It has two uses, pedal board, and payment persuasion device at the end of the gig.

Very clean rig, Robert!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, dont you have Das Fuzz on the board??
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Here is mine - I made it out of a suitcase
    Very ingenious Robert! I only went for a custom built model becuase I have access to a precision sheet metal shop. If it weren't for that I was going to do the same exact thing out of either a hardshell suitcase or briefacse. All the so called "great" ones for sale on MF and such are like $300 and are POS in my opinion. NICE WORK!!!

I recommend zip tying the wires together and taping them down so they dont get pulled out. I spent a long time routing the wires on mine so I'd never have to worry about a loose or pulled plug ever again.

I use a power supply from GodLyke that sells for $39.99 and allws you to power up to 40 pedals with it at once! they sell all kinds of different attachments that allow various connectors such as standard BOSS, Reverse polarity, 9V batteries, and so forth. A little investment saves having to deal with 4 power supplies like I used to do. Unfortunately my Hendrix Pedal has its own power supply and can't use it due to the odd voltage. My Danelectro pedal is also an odd one and uses an 18V power pack, hence the 2 power supplies on my board.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blogan
    By the way, nice board Trem. It looks a lot nicer than mine!
    Thanks... but it doesn't matter what it looks like. All that should matter is that it works and you are happy with it. My previous one looked a lot like yours. I used a piece of plywood and just drilled some holes and zip tied the pedals down. It lasted a bit, but then started to break apart.

I can't put the Wah on my board due to the angle... it messes me up too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine at the moment.....

Attachment 311

J/K.

I haven't yet Spuderized my real pedal board/bag yet cause I'm too busy digging my new amph. I'll get to it one of these days. Nice board Trem. *thumbs up*
    Last edited by tone2thebone; September 8th, 2006 at 01:58 PM.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

SuperSwede, that picture is old - I didn't have the Das Fuzz back then.

Tremoloman, I could tie them down, I had planned on it, but I keep swapping my pedals out and move them around on the board all the time so I find it easiest to just leave them cables hanging loose like that. Once I get plugged in, I have no problems.

I changed pedals depending on what kind of gigs I do. I notice I hardly use my Fulltone wah ever more maybe I should sell it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my main board.
    It goes: Guitar>Rotovibe>535 Crybaby>Boss Loop Selector>DS1>TS9>FL9>DD5>Tuner>amp.

I'm working on another board that will augment this one and will have an A/B pedal to switch between boards.

It may go: Guitar>Thomas Organ Crybaby>Tonebone British>DS1>Tone Driver>Phaser>Synth Wah>Loop Station>Amp.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, you have a real rotovibe?!?! Man I always wanted one of those!!! The Hendrix pedal does emulate it incredibly, but I'd still love the real thing... *drool*

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished my "custom" board tonight. Picked up a $2 suitcase (yes, it really was $2 just like Robert's ), some misc. hardware and went to town.

The plywood insert is covered in automotive fabric (similar to carpeting and floor mats) that I picked up at a local hardware store for $12/roll. I have lots left over, obviously, if and when this stuff ever wears out. Velcro hooks on the back of the pedals and everything powered up with the good ol' 1-Spot.

EQ and Chorus are for my acoustic (the red jumper goes to a DI box), RP-80 and Blues O/D are for my electric. The A/B switches the output of my wireless receiver depending on what signal path/guitar I am using. I can switch to the RP-80 and use the tuning feature with my acoustic (handy ).

I also have the footswitch for my Vox, but if you've read my earlier posts in the "Amps" section, you will know that I won't be using it much live.

Can't wait to try it out!

Attachment 318
    Last edited by t_ross33; August 25th, 2006 at 05:37 PM.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

This is my handmade pedalboard:

My pedals are (not all of them shown):
    1) Custom made Line Selector
    3) JAM (boutique) compressor
    2) Dunlop CryBaby Wah
    3) Boss SD-1 Overdrive
    4) Marshall BB-2 Overdrive
    5) Boss DS-1 Distortion
    6) Custom made Fuzz Face
    7) Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
    8) Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo
    9) Boss CH-1 Chorus
    10) Digitech DigiDelay
    11) Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
    12) Digitech DigiVerb

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job elavd! very classy. Nice selection of stomp boxes too!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    Awesome job elavd! very classy. Nice selection of stomp boxes too!
    Thanks a lot t_ross33

Here's another one:

The cables are George L's
    Last edited by elavd; July 12th, 2006 at 04:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool. It is pretty much the same thing I have done in the past, using two levels. It allowed me to hide and protect the power supply. Later when I reduced the amount of analog pedals I was using I mounted my midi controller on the top row. I no longer use midi and use fewer pedals live. Now my board is much smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine, a tad fuzzy due to brightening the pic up.

-Peace
    -Nate
    Last edited by Riley; July 30th, 2006 at 06:20 AM. Reason: New updated picture
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

What cables did you use to wire that up?
    Is that a DD5 I see?

Post Thanks / Like

ooooh, sweet pedals Nate! Which one is your fav?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast