Thread: Hendrix Vooodoo Chile in Atlanta

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hendrix Vooodoo Chile in Atlanta

Fantastic Jimi performance. Compare this to how SRV played this song - it's very apparent that SRV based his playing a lot on this version. I hear many sections from Stevie's versions that are almost note for note what Jimi did in Atlanta. That's cool - SRV played insanely good on this tune too, and I'm sure Jimi would have loved it hearing it.

I have never heard this Atlanta rendition until day. I love it!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though he's been dead almost 40 years, Jimi's still the GREATEST EVER!!!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Good find Robert,are you getting ready for that octiva pedal? Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Sumi, Yes - I am warming up!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I have that show on cd Robert. Good stuff! Jimi was definitely in good form that day.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I got the VHS of that gig. Jimi was in great shape and played good versions of his songs, in fact he played very accurate that day, but the cameraman really did a horrible job on the filming. The background seems conpletely dark, you only see Jimi and sometimes you get a zoom of his nostriles...don't want to know what the camera guy had been smoking that day.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)