Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies you can't watch anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Movies you can't watch anymore!

What are the movies you can definitely not watch anymore, may it be because your oldtime heros seem ridiculous now or that you have seen this movie "a thousand" times...???

Well, to me...mhhh...let me think....don't know if I need to see Indiana Jones again...Poltergeist is in the same boat....my wife forced me to go and see Titanic at the movies, two weeks later on a flight to Washington they showed this movie on the plane...enough is enough...you know...and recently I figured out that Ferris Bueller was a pretty arrogant kid...I kind of dislike his attitude form a grown up point of view nowadays...Jaws is also something that I am through with...too many shark bites...

How 'bout you guys?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't need to ever see "Kindergarten Cop" with Arnold again.

Also, as our kids grew up they had a thing for slasher/blood/guts movies, which I hope never to watch again. I did enjoy the parody "Scary Movie" ones sometimes, tho.
    "Ghost" w/ Patrick Swayze, enough, already. Some movies I'll watch over and over, others.........once is too much.
    Here at our house, we have the Roku thing thru Netflix, so we can pull up about a thousand movies/shows online and then watch them on the computer or on the tele. I've started using the television machine more since we acquired this device. There are some nice Humphrey Bogart classics.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Napoleon Dynamite.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Training Day.

I watched it once... that was it
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Pan's Labyrinth

The Passion of the Christ

Saw them both once, that was enough.

Kill Bill Vol 1 & Vol 2

Pulp Fiction

Clerks II

Saw them once, wish I hadn't seen them at all.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

I guess if I ever hung out with you Tung we'd spend a lot more time listening to music than watching movies. I couldn't possibly see Pulp Fiction enough times (and I've seen it hundreds by now).

Now Clerks II on the other hand. Once was once too many on that one. Ditto for whoever said Titanic earlier. That's three hours I want back. And Robert, you are so right about Napoleon Dynamite. I still don't get what's supposed to be funny about it.

But the one which I still feel was the biggest waste of my time ever is Forest Gump. I hated every second of that movie and could not understand why everyone kept telling me "I know you, you'll love it." They didn't know me at all if they thought I'd like that.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    But the one which I still feel was the biggest waste of my time ever is Forest Gump. I hated every second of that movie and could not understand why everyone kept telling me "I know you, you'll love it." They didn't know me at all if they thought I'd like that.
    I kind of had the same thing with "Kalifornia" with Brad Pitt when I first saw it, but then I saw it a second time and loved it...
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Same here Jimi. I liked Kalifornia much better the second time, except Duchovny. That guy just cannot act.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I guess if I ever hung out with you Tung we'd spend a lot more time listening to music than watching movies. I couldn't possibly see Pulp Fiction enough times (and I've seen it hundreds by now).
    Agreed, I guess we just don't have the same tastes in movies. That's okay, we can still be friends : We seem to agree on music, though. :

Having said that, I found Pulp Fiction to be enormously distasteful. The scene with the psycho hillbillies raping/sodomizing Ving Rhame's character left me kind of queasy. That was not entertaining to me.

Plus, it was at this point that I really started to dislike Quentin Tarantino. I guess I just don't like his movies.

Now Clerks II on the other hand. Once was once too many on that one. Ditto for whoever said Titanic earlier. That's three hours I want back. And Robert, you are so right about Napoleon Dynamite. I still don't get what's supposed to be funny about it.
    The deal breaker on Clerks II was the bestiality. That was a real turnoff for me. That just isn't funny to me.

Titanic sucked.

Napoleon Dynamite, OTOH, I really liked and I've seen it several times.

Agreed. That movie sucked. It is one of those "feel good" movies that manipulated me into liking it when I saw it in the theater, but when I saw it again later, I thought "WTF? Why did I like this movie in the first place?" Plus the Robin Wright Penn character really got on my nerves.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Titanic, it was too long and after about half the movie I wished that the ship could sink at once so we could go home (my wife loved it though)...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    Agreed, I guess we just don't have the same tastes in movies. That's okay, we can still be friends : We seem to agree on music, though. :
    No doubt about it. We can listen to plenty of Sonny Sharrock.

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    The deal breaker on Clerks II was the bestiality. That was a real turnoff for me. That just isn't funny to me.
    The deal breaker for me was that he made it at all. I am not a fan of making "franchises" out of successful movies. The first Clerks film is one of the single greatest comedies of all time and proves budgets and professional actors are irrelevant if the script is solid. The second one shrieked of "I have run out of ideas so here are Dante and Randal again." The sad thing is, Dante & Randal worked perfectly in Clerks: The Animated Series (all 6 episodes of it) but making a second movie, in color no less, was a complete mistake. I also agree that bestiality isn't funny by the way in case it was even a question. Not sure why Kevin or anybody else thought that would be funny. Caitlin Bree inadvertently having sex with a dead guy in the first one, that's funny. Bestiality, not funny.

As for Titanic, quick story there... when we went to see it in the theatre, the people behind us for some reason brought their kid who couldn't have been more than 3. When the ship hit the iceberg and there was the loud noise she freaked out and yelled "what was that?!?" Her mom said "it was an iceberg" to which the little girl replied "what's an iceberg?" I laughed like hell and it was the one good memory I have of that stupid movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really liked Napolean Dynamite. It helps to have at least visited southern Idaho to get a perspective of where the kids that made the movie are coming from.

For me, I can't watch the kids' Pokemon movies or Bionicle movies. I have to leave the room pretty much. I liked Pulp Fiction at the time, because I liked how the plot jumped around time wise, and the violence was so over the top I did not take it seriously. It was "tongue in cheek" to me. But that was before kids. I find that I like sarcastic or callous violent movies less after kids for some reason.

One movie I just don't want to see again is Batman Forever. It is a rare Jim Carey movie I can see more than once. That one, no way. Probably the one where Schwarzenegger was pregnant too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Any Pink Panther movie.
    Gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Same here Jimi. I liked Kalifornia much better the second time, except Duchovny. That guy just cannot act.
    I stopped by Best Buy today and picked up Kalifornia out of the bargain bin. :

I saw it back when it came out of the theaters, but I don't remember if I liked it or not. Brad Pitt was pretty scarey, though. Duchovny is okay, I enjoyed the X-Files when it was on, although I liked Millenium better.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

The Usual Suspects and Sixth Sense for obvious reasons.
    King Kong - The Peter Jackson version. Rubbish.
    I haven't seen Clerks II but I thought the first one was pretty overrated.

On the flipside, one movie I'd like to watch again is "Lovers Of The Arctic Circle" by Julio Medem. I'd rate this in my top 10.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

No way Jimi we totally love Ferris Buellers Day Off we're watching it right now!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    No way Jimi we totally love Ferris Buellers Day Off we're watching it right now!
    STOP! I love that movie, too and I must have seen it more than 50 times, I just do not relate with Ferris attitude (not that he's skipping which I find cool :-)) and so watching the movie destroys a little bit of that feeling I had when wathcing it in my teen years, so I stopped watching it and keep the good memory.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Idiocracy - once was enough for me.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone need to tell Steven Segal to retire.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast