Thread: Gig tomorrow with Jaron

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gig tomorrow with Jaron

with my pal Jaron. Should be interesting. We are playing a bunch of his originals, and it's just him and myself. He plays piano on some songs and acoustic guitar on others. Not jamming this time, it's a more structured show.

I'm using all my gadgets and stuff to make it sound varied. I'll be playing slide, using lots of delay to make a big sound, volume pedal for swells, fat distorted sounds on some songs, clean blues licks on others, vibe, tremolo, chorus etc. Using my whole arsenal! : Just a lot of variation so that it will hopefully sound varied and professional. I'm little nervous, because this time, I have a HUGE role in our overall sound. We have made up several arrangements for the tunes this week. I just hope I remember them all when the time comes... :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, good luck, and remember you'll play better if you relax, sound better, too.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

It was a success and I had a blast. I got some great, great tones out my Suhr and the amp tonight was the Hellhound, for portability purposes. People were standing up at the end demanding we play more. I have never received so much praise after a gig before. Incredible. A lady came up and said my guitar tone was so rich and wondered how I got such great tone!

I think we were playing for a definite music crowd. They were there for the music, and interacted with us the whole time; clapping after solos and laughing when we were joking around musically in songs.

Too bad I didn't have a recorder. Next time, I'll have a new hard drive based camcorder, which I think would work well for recording this. A Zoom H2 might be handy though...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great. Gigs like that really get you pumped, the crowd and the band bouncing that energy back and forth, the more they like it, the better you play, and vice versa. Glad you guys had a good time......I'll bet you sounded great.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Robert sounds like you and Jaron had a great show. I really think that many of todays are coming back for that great tone and good music with vocals that you can understand rather than the distorted-ear popping-what vocals? type of sound that has been sold as music.

Post Thanks / Like

People seemed to dig the material. Aside from originals, we did some Tom Waits songs, Tore Down, Halleluja, Jump 'n Jive. Jaron always throws me some new material I've never heard at a gig. Never fails. Luckily, they are usually simple, which helps since I have to learn it on the fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Robert! I hope you get us some recordings sometime!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson