Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your favorite distortion pedal?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I love my zvex fuzz factory. Yeah it's a fuzz, but i think it has some more distortion then a lot of pedals I've heard, and it's really hot high gain, plus you can drop it back and still have a bit of a overdrive sound.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is probably my Tonebone Classic because I like the way it fills out single coils and works w/ other pedals. I think it sounds especially good w/ teles and lipstick p/u's.

=-) PJ

Post Thanks / Like

Wow so nobody went for the OCD?

I was under the impression they were pretty much the benchmark for boutique OD pedals. Based on what they cost to buy in Oz you'd think so anyway.

Anyway, my current favourite -distortion- (meaning I'm not including my fuzz's or they'd win) pedal is my "Brown Sound in a Box". It's a one trick pony, but it's an entertaining trick. For those that don't know it, its essentially a high gain FET drive pedal thats supposed to sound like a dimed Marshall. A claim I'd go along with by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    Wow so nobody went for the OCD?

I was under the impression they were pretty much the benchmark for boutique OD pedals. Based on what they cost to buy in Oz you'd think so anyway.

Anyway, my current favourite -distortion- (meaning I'm not including my fuzz's or they'd win) pedal is my "Brown Sound in a Box". It's a one trick pony, but it's an entertaining trick. For those that don't know it, its essentially a high gain FET drive pedal thats supposed to sound like a dimed Marshall. A claim I'd go along with by the way.
    I tried the OCD v3 and v4...didn't like either...too bottom heavy and fizzy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by schenkadere
    I tried the OCD v3 and v4...didn't like either...too bottom heavy and fizzy.
    Thats a little ironic as it was a guy with the name "shenker69" on youtube who got me interested in them in the first place haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123