Thread: Fabulours Thunderbirds on HD Net

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fabulours Thunderbirds on HD Net

I am currently watching a concert by the Fabulous Thunderbirds. It is pretty cool blues. I was really spurprised to see the rythm/lead player using a 139 dollar SX SJM guitar in black with the P90s and mint guard. Amazing.
    The lead guitar player is playing a CAR Suhr Strat with a matching headstock and I think he was playing a Suhr Tele at one point.
    The Rythim player looks more punk than blues but he is doing a fine job.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I like those guys.Zman I have one of those guitars and they sound great through a Blues Jr..Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know which T-Birds lineup it is?

I saw them here in Lancaster a couple of years ago, when they had Kirk Fletcher and Nick Curran on guitars. Nick looked kind of punkish at the time. He was playing a Squier 51! I talked to him afterwards, and he said it was his #1.

Makes me feel better about my Squier...

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

It's been too long since I've seen the T-Birds and it's great to hear they are still around.
    They played one of the greatest shows in memory some years back for us in the islands, with Kid Bangham on rythym and Duke Robilard on lead, tho they traded off frequently. This was the first line-up after Jimmy Vaughn split, and the band was better for it, and I love JLV!
    The place was packed and hot, and after the show, the floor was a swamp from everybody's sweat. The 'Birds were totally into it and simply rocked the house!

Post Thanks / Like

Make that Fabulous Thunderbirds. Sorry for the typo. I didn't get to find out who they were but the Lead Guitarist was a big black fellow and the other guitar player must have been that Curran guy. He had bright pinkinsh red haid and a ton of Tattos. They played a ton of songs and it was a pretty good show for one I stumbled on.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that concert was from 2007. The band members have changed again! It was Eric Curran with the SX guitar.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw them live a couple of years ago, Nick Curran was playing that Squire 51' then too. Looked like he had a Tele string through bridge w/single coil, and the neck looked different too...it was finished in a vintage amber. Might have been a Tele neck, I couldn't quite make out the headstock.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    When I saw them live a couple of years ago, Nick Curran was playing that Squire 51' then too. Looked like he had a Tele string through bridge w/single coil, and the neck looked different too...it was finished in a vintage amber. Might have been a Tele neck, I couldn't quite make out the headstock.
    If I remember correctly, he said that he had the neck shaved a bit, but otherwise stock.

And that does sound like the Fletcher/Curran lineup. I think they're both gone from the T-Birds now. My all-time fave is still Jimmie V.
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's