Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
'51 pickguard mod

Thread: '51 pickguard mod

Post Thanks / Like

Default '51 pickguard mod

Hello,

Was messin around with some poster board and a sharp knife and mocked up a pickguard design. Just a basic cutout but is kind of interesting.

What do ya think?

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Show as much of that 'burst as you can! I think your idea looks great.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Katastrophe, I want to do something with the white guard but I don't want to pay for a new pickguard they can get expensive. I ordered an original guard with decal and plastic covering at a decent price to have on hand while I experiment with this one. That way I can put it back to original condition someday.

I thought I would experiment on white poster board until I come up with something that looked decent. I do like letting the burst show through. The finish is very good under the guard on these '51's I wouldn't mind not having a guard at all but the screw holes would be next to impossible to hide.

It appears to me that some of the '51's have a cherry center to the sunburst finish and some have yellow like mine, have you guys noticed this? I think I would have liked a cherry better although they did a pretty good job on this one, the glue joints don't show too much.

Thanks again Katastrophe.

Take care
    M29

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another one done quickly in photoshop.

M29