Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am thinking of buying a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus top

Post Thanks / Like

Default Serial no.

No letters at the beginning like the Chinese one with EE. M29 I wrote it down while you were in the restroom.

Post Thanks / Like

No letters could possibly mean it's a MIJ (Fujigen). Fujigen made guitars for Ibanez and Greco, and are quite highly regarded in Japan. Have a look here for MIJ guitars, and who the manufacturers are/were:

http://www.music-trade.co.jp/etc.html
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Default But it was new

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    No letters could possibly mean it's a MIJ (Fujigen). Fujigen made guitars for Ibanez and Greco, and are quite highly regarded in Japan. Have a look here for MIJ guitars, and who the manufacturers are/were:

http://www.music-trade.co.jp/etc.html
    and had a Made in Korea sticker. Are Fujigen's made in Korea? It was a honey burst model but the brown is much lighter in color than the Made in China's that I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F4DPhantomII
    ... Are Fujigen's made in Korea? ...
    Fujigen is one of Japan's premier guitar manufacturers. They've made/make top-of-the-line Ibanez for 30+ years, notably the 'lawsuit' Les Pauls of the mid-70's that thrust Ibanez to reputability in the USA as a maker of 'affordable' top-quality guitars.

Besides the higher-end Epiphones like the Elitists, and were the company that made the first Fender imports in the early 80's.

With an MIK sticker and no letters at the beginning of the s/n, that's something of an anomaly, but it might be an 'Elite' (vs. Elitist). In the past year, Epiphone has taken to leaving letters off the s/n's off much of their Gibson China product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    My previous fav Epiphone now belongs to Childbride.
    i just took a break; she and i are working out with the metronome. speed with accuracy... and timing.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12