Thread: Didn't really want to listen to radio thru my compressor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Didn't really want to listen to radio thru my compressor

but my Rocktron Big Crush picks em up pretty clearly, at least in my living room in the city.

Any suggestions for fixing this?

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

Try eliminating your cables first before dumping pedals. I had a curly guitar lead back in the 70's that not only picked up radio stations but could be "tuned" to different frequencies depending on how much you stretched it.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Try eliminating your cables first before dumping pedals. I had a curly guitar lead back in the 70's that not only picked up radio stations but could be "tuned" to different frequencies depending on how much you stretched it.
    But why would this pedal be the only one to pick up the stations? Doesn't seem to make sense....
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1

Post Thanks / Like

Take things out of the system one at a time. Do you always use the same cables to connect that compressor? I'd be surprised if it was the pedal, the best way to unintentionally create an aerial is with a faulty shielded cable. It might be there all the time but you only hear it when the compressor pumps up the signal enough.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Find out what station and call their Chief Engineer. If they recently made any changes (to power, tower location coverage pattern etc), they're required to help homeowners eliminate interference from their signal for up to one year.

Most engineers are eager to help regardless.
    Gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Take things out of the system one at a time. Do you always use the same cables to connect that compressor? I'd be surprised if it was the pedal, the best way to unintentionally create an aerial is with a faulty shielded cable. It might be there all the time but you only hear it when the compressor pumps up the signal enough.
    Hadn't thought about that. I'll play with the cables and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.