Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What is your favorite Overdrive pedal?

Thread: What is your favorite Overdrive pedal?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregsguitars
    The "Hoochee Mama" by Tim Brown, @ Browntone electronics.
    Those are amazing pedals...but they'd better be for the price. Yikes!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

They beat out every pedal made ,including the "Page " pedal in a blind test two years ago, It so happens that he is my uncle and he stays so far behind order wise (he builds one at a time by hand with only the best components) that I have yet to receive any other that my first pedal years ago...Although he is presently making me a custom five in one long pedal with each effect being able to be placed anywhere in the series chain I wish and independently controlled..Echo,chorus, octave splitter,sustain and overdrive. Greg.
    May all your days be memorable, all your friends stay true and all your riffs be killer....

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't owned a ton of pedals. So far I've been through:

non moded DS-1
    FullDrive 2 (non-mosfet)
    TS-808 from general guitar gadgets (including all mods except mosfet)
    and my two day old BYOC OD2 Mosfet.

I've also played around with:
    Fulltone OCD
    Lovepedal Eternity
    LovePedal COT 50

I like most of em but the versatility of the OD2 is blowing me away. It's pretty similar to the TS from GGG which means I can dial up one for rhythm and one for lead. The opamp in the GGG TS is the JRC which is a bit more warm and the OD2 has the BS170 so it's a little more cutting for lead. The cool thing though is that the OD2 opamp is socketed so I could throw the JRC in there and use it for rhythm if I wanted to. I can't wait to explore this thing some more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fulltone OCD

Another vote for the Fulltone OCD. I couldn't be happier. Great pedal and the only effects pedal I use except for a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wah pedal and a Morley Volume Plus pedal.

__________________________________________________ _______

’04 Fender CS ’56 Stratocaster Relic RI 50th Anniv. Aztec Gold
    '10 Fender American Select Mahogany HSS Strat
    '07 Fender CS Vintage Heavy Relic HB Tele
    '03 Gibson ES-345 RI
    ’03 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Fireburst)
    Schecter California Custom Hellcat
    Squier Bullet/Seymour Duncan HB/LockingTuners
    Breedlove AD25/SR Plus Acoustic
    Hohner ECA 612 12-String Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vroomery
    I haven't owned a ton of pedals. So far I've been through:

I like most of em but the versatility of the OD2 is blowing me away. It's pretty similar to the TS from GGG which means I can dial up one for rhythm and one for lead. The opamp in the GGG TS is the JRC which is a bit more warm and the OD2 has the BS170 so it's a little more cutting for lead. The cool thing though is that the OD2 opamp is socketed so I could throw the JRC in there and use it for rhythm if I wanted to. I can't wait to explore this thing some more.
    I was just thinking of this thread the other night, as I enjoyed my Zonkin Yellow Screamer. The ZYS that Duhvoodooman built for me is based off that pedal, with a bunch of extras thrown in, and a boost circuit as well. It is really just so nice. I really enjoy setting a bit of boost, for rhythm, and kicking on the OD for lead. Very fun!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nady TD-1 tube OD pedal:

It's like the poor man's Tonebone Classic. Same tone.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Nady TD-1 tube OD pedal:

It's like the poor man's Tonebone Classic. Same tone.
    I have toyed with the idea of getting a Tonebone... that Nady is sweet! Gotta look that one up! Thanks, Bloozcat.
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!