Thread: Radial Tonebone Hot British

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Radial Tonebone Hot British

After reading Robert's thread on Distortion pedals I happened to go on Kijiji. I was looking for a Marshall head and found a listing for the Hot British. I was in the Toronto version and it turned out the listing was actully in my home town. It was a year old and was listed for 135. I took a ride over and I got it for 125, The box had a Long and Mcquade price tag of 249.
    The only distortion I was using was a DS-1. This pedal is way more versatile and I really like it. There are many settings and It really works well on the Green or clean channel of my marshall. I don't even need any of the OD pedals. On my 65 it really sounds sweet with a bit of od from my OCD or Fulldrive.
    I am glad I read the thread and took Spudman's recommendation.
    I am really having a lot of good luck with Kijiji. There are a lot of motivated sellers out there. So far I have bought the tonebone, a Gibson LP, an Avatar cab and the Marshal DSL 401. All for less than half of their original price!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you like the Hot British Zman. I'd say you got a pretty fair deal on it. :
    A cool thing I discovered is by boosting the mid voice I can make my Strat sound like it has P90's.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I did some messing today with it and I dialed in my little CV strat, and I also used it for some Trower with my Esprit with the Duncan JB, and amazingly it sounded really good with my Classic with the ceramic pickups. Nice and smooth and not harsh at all.
    Great little pedal. With so many choices it pays to use the book and get the settings marked down for various guitars and amp combos.
    Can't get any better recomendations than from a working musician.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice score. The Tonebone is definitely a nice sounding box. From the soundclips I heard, it has that tube-y crackle that you don't get from opamp based stompboxes. If you ever get sick of it, you can pass it my way
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I guess you either love them or hate them. The guy I bought it from had recently purchased it from a buddy of his and tried it. He didn't like it for his style of music. He was running it into an orginal Vibrolux Reverb and it apparently did not sound good.
    It sounds great through all of my amps and I have every type of pickup on my guitars so I can try it with everything.
    The Blues is alright!