Thread: Roland Cube 80x Tones?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Roland Cube 80x Tones?

Hey so i have purchased the Roland Cube 80x and as it was recommended to me, they said it "blew the mini-cube out of the water." Personally i'm not getting what i want out of it. Its like brand new and many retail stores don't sell it yet, but if their is another lucky owner of cube 80x you wanna give me some tips of maybe great tones or things to do other than perfect a loop only to find out you can't save it...
    When you're my age you can do whatever you like... as long as the amp is lower than 2 volume in the house

Guitar: Cheap Stagg Strat

Amp: Roland Cube 80x (Yes its nice and square)

Pedals: None that i know of

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at this thread. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=11059
    I recently tested and reviewed the 30X, 60 and 80X.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great

Hey great review thanks, just to tell you i bought my cube 80x for $400 at my local store without a sale. By the way what is your favorite tone.

Just to say your great man:
    When you're my age you can do whatever you like... as long as the amp is lower than 2 volume in the house

Guitar: Cheap Stagg Strat

Amp: Roland Cube 80x (Yes its nice and square)

Pedals: None that i know of

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, shucks

I plug my tele straight into the Cube and use the JC for cleans and either the Brit Combo or Tweed for dirt depending on the kind of OD tone I want. I used to play into a real AC30 back in the 70s and this is a nice simulation. Those are my favourites, I don't really do high gain.
    The 60 will punch its tone through to the far end of the bar I usually play in without any trouble. In fact I've never got it much past halfway on the clean channel, gain about halfway and volume around a third of the way up on the Tweed voice. It gets over the drums, no problem, but then my tele is a pretty punchy guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarter
    Hey so i have purchased the Roland Cube 80x and as it was recommended to me, they said it "blew the mini-cube out of the water." Personally i'm not getting what i want out of it. Its like brand new and many retail stores don't sell it yet, but if their is another lucky owner of cube 80x you wanna give me some tips of maybe great tones or things to do other than perfect a loop only to find out you can't save it...
    Have you tried it with other guitars at all?
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Last night a friend played through my Cube 60 on the Marshall model using his Norlin-era Les Paul. It sounded like a Les Paul through a Marshall (funnily enough) and was easily heard over the band at the far end of the bar for solos. The 80X is even more powerful but I fail to see why I'd want anything louder than the 60. A strat's nice through the BF Twin model too (again, unsurprisingly).