Thread: Derek Paravicini

Post Thanks / Like

Default Derek Paravicini

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of him or not, but he's a child prodigy and a musical genius. . .

Check out the rest of the documentary - part 2 is particularly amazing. . .

Post Thanks / Like

what an astonishing musician. Just incredible.
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Bump.........

Yes, it is amazing. Apparently if your brain is wired for one thing only, it can achieve a level of accomplishment most of us would find impossible to comprehend. I also liked his sense of humor. He seems to have difficulty expressing himself verbally, but he's a gem nonetheless.:
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Bump.........

Yes, it is amazing. Apparently if your brain is wired for one thing only, it can achieve a level of accomplishment most of us would find impossible to comprehend. I also liked his sense of humor. He seems to have difficulty expressing himself verbally, but he's a gem nonetheless.:
    Derek seems like a lovely bloke. Savants and people with schizophrenia or autism are seen as disabled - in a lot of ways they are - but there are select number of these people that, if their gifts were used in the right way, could benefit people greatly.

Imagine a kid who can't tie his own shoes but could solve the most mathematically difficult problem - he doesn't have the creativity to come up with the problem, which is where 'normal' people come in, but he has the facilities to solve the problem put in front of him.

Instead, kids like this - and other prodigal children, savants, or generally people with highly refined skills in arts or academia due to conditions like autism or schizophrenia - are locked up in care homes 24/7. . .

Or maybe I just live in a disillusioned utopian fantasy-world, but I think they can have some good use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that mage!! ::::
    I pick a moon dog.