Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pedal Power

Thread: Pedal Power

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pedal Power

I have been looking for a new way to power my pedals. I have been looking at investing in the DC Brick or the Voodoo Pedal Power 2. I alot of good things about the VPP2, but it is almost double the price. Just wondering which is the better buy. I would perfer to get the DC brick cause its cheaper, but I hear you can have some problems with it producing unwanted sound. Or is the Voodoo worth the extra cash? If anyone can offer some wisdom that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of THESE a few months back and have been very pleased with it. It cleared up all my funky multiple AC adapter noise issues. Currently powering 16 pedals off of it, and have run up to 6 at a time with no problems whatsoever. Great value at $95.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I got one of THESE a few months back and have been very pleased with it. It cleared up all my funky multiple AC adapter noise issues. Currently powering 16 pedals off of it, and have run up to 6 at a time with no problems whatsoever. Great value at $95.
    From that link:

Gator G-Bus-8-US Pedal Board Power Supply Features:
    • Isolated Brass chambers for modeling screws

Huh? Wha? There are several crazy ways that line could be read, not a one of them make a lick of sense.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    From that link:

Gator G-Bus-8-US Pedal Board Power Supply Features:
    • Isolated Brass chambers for modeling screws

Huh? Wha? There are several crazy ways that line could be read, not a one of them make a lick of sense.
    Beats the heck outta me. That line isn't in any of the product literature on the Gator website. In any case, it's met my needs very nicely.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The two aren't really in the same class. If you are just running straight up 9 volt pedals you would be fine with the DC Brick. You would probably be fine with a One Spot at ~$19. I run 9 volt, 18 volt, 16 volt, and 12 volt AC so the Brick won't work for me. It all depends on your situation.
    Patrick

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased this board and it already has a conditoned power supply. This eliminated almost all of the 60 cycle hum I had with my wall warts.
    You only have to plug into a wall outlet and you have a fully conditoned power supply. Around 200. Board and all.
    http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?id=SPB-8
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Godlyke Power All...it was cheap, came with a bunch of adapters and works great...quiet too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disraeli
    I have been looking for a new way to power my pedals. I have been looking at investing in the DC Brick or the Voodoo Pedal Power 2. I alot of good things about the VPP2, but it is almost double the price. Just wondering which is the better buy. I would perfer to get the DC brick cause its cheaper, but I hear you can have some problems with it producing unwanted sound. Or is the Voodoo worth the extra cash? If anyone can offer some wisdom that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

What pedals do you use? Do you need different voltages? Do want to power pedals in front of the amp as well as loop-fx? Do you use digital stompboxes?

You might need isolated outputs, something, the cheaper ones do not have. A good alternative is the T-Rex Fuel Tank:CLICk

Greetings
    Uli