Thread: Bernie Williams (Former MLB Star turned musician)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bernie Williams (Former MLB Star turned musician)

Some of you baseball fans may remember Bernie Williams as the superstar center fielder for the New York Yankees from 1991-2006. In addition to his wealth of athletic skills, Bernie is also an immensely talented musician. A classically trained guitar player, Bernie plays classical, jazz and several other styles of music.

Yesterday Bernie took part in the opening of the new Yankee Stadium by playing his arrangement of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". This is a video of his arrangement (though not the live version from yesterday)

Here's a clip of Bernie playing with the Allman Brothers Band at the legendary Beacon Theatre in NYC...

Here's a bit more of a jazz/funk context...

Now let's see one of the Red Sox do that!
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Now let's see one of the Red Sox do that!
    Bronson Arroyo tried a few years ago... That's why we let him go to the Reds. (Cincinatti, not Moscow.)

Bernie's awesome. : While with the Yanks, he toted an Ovation on the road, I believe.

Hey...how 'bout Barry Zito? Wonder if he went from the A's to the Giants so he could busk around Fisherman's Wharf...

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Bernie is a class act.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad
    Bronson Arroyo tried a few years ago... That's why we let him go to the Reds. (Cincinatti, not Moscow.)

I thought the Red Sox let him go because of the stupid cornrow hairdo.

And yes, Strum, I agree, Bernie Williams is and always has been a class act.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer