Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fender ProTube Twin-Amp reverb feedback - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fender ProTube Twin-Amp reverb feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    That sounds like a cool idea. I've always liked this one, even though it came out two yrs. before I was born................don't know if it's the dachsund or the raybans...................

Oh yeah, that's a good one!

I also like the “You Won’t Part With Yours Either” ad campaign photos by the late Bob Perine. Cool stuff!
    See my photos at: micknewton.smugmug.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just recently picked up an old Peavey Deuce as it's the closest thing I have found to a Twin in my price range. Had the same issue described here. I pulled the reverb tank from my crappy 80s Fender Princeton Chorus and plugged it in, problem solved. Then I pulled the tank out of the deuce. It is clearly a new tank, so I was surprised to find that inside it there were blocks of light foam (think packaging for a retail product) in the center of the tank. Pulled those out and the issue was immediately resolved.

My theory here is that the blocks were acting the same way your finger does when you play the harmonic on a guitar string at the fifth, seventh, 12th (and so on) frets of a guitar.

Wish my Deuce were your Twin, but now that it doesn't feedback it is exactly what I was looking for.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123