Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
Now I know where Deer Island is. Less than 40 miles from me and yet I've never heard of it! You do know that Eurotubes is in Portland near McLaughlin Blvd, right? But if you have to drive that distance to pick something up you may opt for Bob shipping the tubes to you.
Yup, I bought a complete set of tubes from Eurotubes. I put in my order on Friday and the tubes got here the very next day. Talk about fast service! Bob was very helpful on the phone too. A great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
I remember the December snow we had, I have a few pictures of a lounge chair with snow piled up to the seat in my backyard. I checked out your photo albums, beautiful photography. Do you do that for a living? I enjoy taking pictures too, but if I come up with a decent one it is more due to luck than to skill.
I'm glad you like the pics. Nice if you to say so. No, I'm not a professional photographer, although I've been doing it for almost 40 years. I'm really just an avid amateur. I have done a few paid photo shoots though, and I've sold usage rights to some of my photos to various companies and even some well known journalists. I actually make my living as a senior software engineer. Our company creates communications and network management/reporting software for large corporations.

I just recently took up the guitar again after a long time away. I learned and played for a couple years when I was a kid (late 60's), but I never got very good. I didn't really play again until my son bought me a guitar and amp for my birthday a year ago last March. Since then I bought myself an American Deluxe HSS Strat, this Twin amp, and just today my UPS buddy brought me a pedal board and my first two pedals. A Big Muff Pi and a Boss ML-2. Way fun!

BTW, if you like making digital photos then you might enjoy DPChallenge.com. They have several photo challenges going on all the time with various subjects. No prizes, just virtual ribbons, but it can be a lot of fun if you have a thick skin and don't take it too seriously. You can register and enter open challenges for free, or buy a membership if you want to enter member-only challenges and have a portfolio. My dpc user name is Mick.